Operational Excellence & PMO External Manufacturing Lead
Date: Jun 5, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Manufacturing operational Excellence & PMO, based in our Manufacturing Excellence & Transformation in Braine L'Alleud, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Operational Excellence & PMO External Manufacturing Lead.
Are you driven and enthusiastic in your approach? For UCB, you are a 'drivethusiastic' person. This very special blend of talent means you are pushed by a keenness to make a positive difference for patients.
As a UCB 'drivethusiastic' person and Operational Excellence & PMO External Manufacturing Lead you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Develop a Continuous Improvement Culture across External Manufacturing
* Deploy Operational Excellence program based on business process analysis, idea generation and gap analysis
* Own and deploy a living portfolio management process
* Lead External Manufacturing performance measurement and definition of criteria to be applied
* Embrace digital transformation supporting acceleration of Operational Excellence journey
As a UCB 'drivethusiastic' person and Operational Excellence & PMO External Manufacturing Lead you will contribute by:
* Developing, building and maintaining a culture of operational excellence within External Manufacturing.
* Organizing and implementing training initiatives supporting this culture of improvement
* Ensuring areas for improvements are identified looking at wastes elimination (lean) and variability reduction (six sigma) to attain an high level of Operational Excellence in all key operations
* Leading defined workstreams or projects related to business excellence
* Ensuring key business processes are analysed, maintained and their performance improved
* Consolidating the benefits and results of the continuous improvement projects/programs in the appropriate reporting systems
* Communicating on the results obtained making actors and results visible for External Manufacturing
* Promoting integration and define synergies in the operational excellence approach between internal and external mfg
Program and project portfolio management :
* Ensuring strategies are translated into living project portfolio which are in line with the approved investments and resources
* Establishing the project and program management system across external manufacturing (operational projects and OE projects) , including resource planning and prioritization
* Organizing and implementing training initiatives supporting the project/portfolio management : to be worked out
* Supporting controlling in the follow-up and reporting of opex and capex budget related to the project portfolio.
* Cooperating actively during the management meetings of the External Manufacturing
* Representing External Manufacturing and the OE&PMO department during all internal meetings and external meetings
* Leading External Manufacturing performance measurement, support definition of the criteria to be applied & contribute to their achievements attainments
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Master degree with a confirmed experience in a manufacturing environment subject to cGxP environnement.
* Lean 6 & Sigma Black Belt / Project management (PMI) with a confirmed practice in implementation.
* Good knowledge of ISO & cGxP.
* Standard PC application (office), portfolio and project management IT system, statistical software (Minitab)
* Change and incident management software (Trackwise)
* KPI's and Balance Score Cards management
* Able to lead multi- functional teams on complex projects from development through commercialization and to attain results.
* Able to develop and implement strategic initiatives.
* Excellent communication in English (French is a plus) and persuasion skills to influence external partners (consultants and training companies) to deliver results that UCB needs.
* Excellent relationship management with department managers, project leaders and process owners of all departments including finance and HSE.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Program Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Supply, Relationship Manager, Technology, Management, Operations, Customer Service