Nuclear Traineeship for Young Engineers Electrabel 2019- Doel
Belgium, East-Flanders , Doel
Operations / Production sites
NUC00000469 Requisition #
Electrabel is recruiting young engineers with a passion for energy, and nuclear energy in particular for its Nuclear Traineeship. By taking part in this traineeship, you will receive training in the most important components in the life cycles of our plants. A great deal of attention will also be paid to networking and personal development. In addition, you will also follow an onboarding process and familiarise yourself with the practices of engineering in a nuclear environment. After one to one-and-a-half years on the traineeship, you will be assigned wide-ranging tasks in Doel nuclear power plant. You will be part of an exciting work environment where you will have an excellent opportunity to develop and grow.
For our power plant in Doel, we are looking for young engineers who want to tackle the exciting challenge within one of the main departments on the site (Operations, Maintenance, Care, Engineering).
* diverse operational tasks within O&M
* guarantee technical (improvement) projects
* execute assignments aimed at increased performance in nuclear safety
* you are a civil or industrial engineer with a focus on electricity, mechanics, electromechanics, energy, nuclear energy, etc
* you have recently graduated, with a maximum of three years' work experience
* you are dynamic and flexible, also with regard to geographic mobility
* you are a strong communicator and have an analytical mind
* you are extremely safety-conscious
* you are a team player but can also work autonomously, take the initiative and bear responsibility
* you are good at dealing with people and are skilled in (or have potential in) project management
* you are fluent in Dutch and have an active knowledge of English and French
ENGIE develops its businesses (power, natural gas, energy services) around a model based on responsible growth to take on the major challenges of energy's transition to a low-carbon economy: access to sustainable energy, climate-change mitigation and adaptation and the responsible use of natural resources. ENGIE employs 153,090 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €66.6 billion in 2016.
With the construction of the first pressurised water reactor in Belgium, ENGIE was one of the pioneers of nuclear energy in Europe. Within this domain, the company develops both upstream (engineering, sales, use, maintenance) as well as downstream (fuel and radwaste management, dismantling), employing more than 9,000 specialists in these domains. As a nuclear operator, ENGIE owns and operates seven reactors in Belgium.
ENGIE has been active in the nuclear sector for 50 years. The Group wants to actively contribute to the development of the next-generation reactors while maintaining the existing fleet in perfect condition at the same time. The protection of the environment and the safety of people and equipment are its highest priorities.
We are looking for motivated engineers who wish to join us in our quest for perfection when using our seven reactors and who will also ensure compliance and decommissioning of some of our and our clients' sites.
Both those who are interested in engineering as well as technical and commercial management in the field will be offered opportunities in one of our nuclear operations.
ENGIE Electrabel offers you
* a permanent contract
* an attractive salary and fringe benefits package
* a wide range of training and development opportunities
* a healthy work/life balance
* access to many formal and informal networks
* the opportunity to build a career in the nuclear sector
Your HR contact person
Severine Meuleman - +32 (0)499 81 79 05 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Posting Date: Feb 14, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.