Nuclear Trainee Process Automation - NTP 2019
Belgium, Flemish-Brabant , Linkebeek
R & D / Laboratories
LAB00000315 Requisition #
ENGIE has been active in the nuclear field for over 50 years and has developed its expertise in the entire nuclear value chain. Protection of the environment and the safety and security of people and facilities are absolute priorities. You like to bring change to our world by seeking an active role in a cleaner world energy production? Find a safer and better way through tenacity and precision? Help us to engineer tomorrow by joining ENGIE's 2019 Nuclear Trainees Program Junior.
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 240 highly specialized engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 D's - decentralization, decarbonization and digitalization.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralized or decentralized, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SME's, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialized expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialized services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
Nuclear Process Automation
Our Nuclear Process Automation Department, specialising in improving control and process automation systems in a nuclear environment, is looking for a young engineer who will delve into a series of diverse, practice-oriented and complex subjects for which they will seek creative solutions.
Our department is tasked with providing a wide range of services and solutions to enable customers to guarantee and improve the operability, reliability and availability of their facilities and control and process automation systems, including more specific sensor solutions, conceptual improvements for control and automation, suitable data processing and an optimised operator interface. Simulators and tools developed both in-house and by suppliers are used to test solutions. Your area of work will mainly be the nuclear sector.
Good knowledge of process automation and process dynamics is required to define, develop and implement opportunities for improvement. Close cooperation with team members and customers is a crucial success factor. Customer focus is a must.
The services will be provided in Belgium and abroad and are not limited to the nuclear sector. This often entails short business trips.
You will be integrated in the Engie Nuclear Traineeship, an extensive development program for young engineers with deep interest in nuclear technology. This development program will allow you to acquire strong technical and business skills.
In accordance with your affinities and talents, you will have the opportunity to subsequently move on to senior expert functions, functions focusing more on multidisciplinary aspects, project management functions, or more operational functions involving technical management aspects, either at ENGIE Laborelec or within the ENGIE Group.
Some examples of frequently requested services are:
* conducting conceptual reviews and optimising control circuits
* improving alarm systems using our methodology
* checking steam turbine controllers, supported by a hardware-in-the-loop simulator developed in-house
* running specific measuring campaigns such as the density of a nuclear reactor containment structure
* effectively discussing ideas and conclusions with power plant operators and management
* troubleshooting equipment defects and process disruptions
* supporting I&C project design, and validating and implementing solutions
Are you passionate about technology and find a career as an I&C Expert attractive?
* are you a civil or industrial engineer specialising in process automation and control?
* do you enjoy working in a dynamic project-management culture?
* are you customer-focused?
* are you flexible and do you spontaneously take initiative?
* do you like teamwork and cooperation and are you a good communicator?
* do you speak fluent Dutch and/or French with good knowledge of English?
* are you familiar with office IT and mathematical software (such as MATLAB) and willing to (learn how to) program technical software?
* do you believe in nuclear technology's contribution to an environmentally friendly, low-carbon energy mix ?
* do you prioritise safety ?
* are you prepared to take regular short business trips abroad (around four to six times a year)?
If so, do not hesitate to apply for this position!
ENGIE Laborelec offers you
* a competitive salary with a range of benefits
* an extensive, one-year training programme in nuclear activities (integration in the ENGIE Nuclear Trainee Program)
* an exciting job where you tackle a variety of problems from the entire electricity sector both in Belgium and abroad
* a tailor-made, technical specialisation programme within a young and dynamic team, where you will work with experienced colleagues who are happy to share their knowledge with you
* a healthy work/life balance
* a stimulating career in a top research and competence centre within ENGIE, the international energy group to which we belong
Your HR contact
Damien Colmant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace: ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
* Posting Date: Feb 15, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.