Nuclear Obsolescence / Hardware Qualification Test Engineers
Belgium, Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001964 Requisition #
Nuclear Obsolescence / Hardware Qualication Test Engineer
As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
In the context of the operation and lifetime extension of power plants (in Belgium and abroad), lots of equipment have to be replaced and will be found obsolete. Tractebel and its EI&C qualification team is responsible to find suitable replacement that has to be tested to conform to nuclear qualification requirements. Lifetime extension plans have to be defined to demonstrate the capacity of the equipment to go beyond their original lifetime. Furthermore, design upgrade projects required qualification of components to guarantee the safe operation of the plant.
* Support to the utilities for the identification of the obsolete components (through various methods, including contacts with the original supplier, stock analysis…);
* Managing contacts with the suppliers to evaluate alternative solutions;
* Evaluating possible options for re-stocking;
* Research of substitute products for obsolete equipment;
* Validate design changes between original and current equipment;
* Draft specifications and technical requisition files for purchasing of Instrumentation equipment;
* Meet experts assigned by Suppliers, Client, Safety Authority...
* Management of hardware qualification process of instrumentation equipment regarding nuclear safety;
* Draft qualification programs and justifications according to current referential;
* Evaluation and choice of test laboratories;
* Place orders and follow up of the Contract;
* Follow up of qualification tests;
* Draft qualification reports;
* Present and defend hardware qualification in front of the Client and the Belgian nuclear Safety Authority;
* Perform technical Audits of suppliers of qualified equipment in Belgium and abroad and draft audit reports;
* Civil/Industrial Engineer;
* Knowledge in electricity and/or instrumentation, quality assurance, standards,…;
* Open to quality and safety cultures;
* Experiences in safety sector (nuclear/ industry/ railways/ aeronautics,…);
* Min 5 years work experience is required / 15+ years of work experience is required;
* Knowledge in nuclear power plant, electrical, instrumentation and systems;
* Knowledge in the components composing the systems and how they operate;
* Developed written communication skills;
* Pragmatic and solution oriented;
* Speaking/writing in English, functional knowledge of French and/or Dutch;
* Curious, motivated to learn, autonomous, willing to travel, the ideal candidate should also have a critical mind and team spirit.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Jun 17, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.