Nuclear Obsolescence / Hardware Qualification Test Engineer
Nuclear Obsolescence /
Hardware Qualification Test Engineer
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. With more than 60 years of nuclear experience, our high-level engineering and consulting services offer added-value across the full lifecycle of nuclear installations, from design to decommissioning.
The working environment
In the context of the operation and lifetime extension of power plants (in Belgium and abroad), lots of equipment have to be replaced and will be found obsolete. Suitable replacement has to be found and tested to conform to nuclear qualification requirements. Lifetime extension plans have to be defined to demonstrate the capacity of the equipment to go beyond their original lifetime. Furthermore, design upgrade projects required qualification of components to guarantee the safe operation of the plant.
- Support to the utilities for the identification of the obsolete components (through various methods, including contacts with the original supplier, stock analysis...);
- Managing contacts with the suppliers to evaluate alternative solutions;
- Evaluating possible options for re-stocking;
- Research of substitute products for obsolete equipment;
- Validate design changes between original and current equipment;
- Draft specifications and technical requisition files for purchasing of Instrumentation equipment;
- Meet experts assigned by Suppliers, Client, Safety Authority...
- Management of hardware qualification process of instrumentation equipment
regarding nuclear safety;
- Draft qualification programs and justifications according to current referential;
- Evaluation and choice of test laboratories;
- Place orders and follow up of the Contract;
- Follow up of qualification tests;
- Draft qualification reports;
- Present and defend hardware qualification in front of the Client and the Belgian nuclear Safety Authority;
- Perform technical Audits of suppliers of qualified equipment in Belgium and abroad and draft audit reports;
- Civil/Industrial Engineer;
- Knowledge in electricity and/or instrumentation, quality assurance, standards,...
- Open to quality and safety cultures;
- Experiences in safety sector (nuclear/ industry/ railways/ aeronautics,...)
- Min 5 years work experience is required;
- Knowledge in nuclear power plant electrical, instrumentation and systems is an advantage;
- Knowledge in the components composing the systems and how they operate;
- Developed written communication skills;
- Pragmatic and solution oriented;
What we offer
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel in Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
- Posting Date: May 4, 2020