NUC-Nuclear Drafting Office Team Leader
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001447 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 150,000 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €65 billion in 2017. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
Tractebel's Nuclear Entity seeks for its "Plant Layout and Integration" Group ("Process and Systems" Department) a :
Nuclear Drafting Office Team Leader
The working environment
The "Plant Layout & Integration" group (N41D), which is part of the "Process & Systems" competence centre of the NUCLEAR entity, provides engineering and consulting services in:
* Technical Integration (see Technical Integrator mission QUALNUC/4DO/3068/000/01): issuing multidisciplinary synthesis reports and ensuring technical consistency of Nuclear project deliverables and technical excellence through coordination of the technical disciplines and overall nuclear expertise;
* Layout (see Layout Engineer mission QUALNUC/4DO/305948/000/00): integration of input from different technical disciplines and coordination of draftsmen to achieve an optimum spatial arrangement for a new facility or modifications to existing plants, taking into account all project constraints including safety, constructability, economics, operations, maintenance, etc;
* Drafting: development of drawings of technical solutions (3D model, 2D implantation drawings, Civil Works guide drawings, Site Plot Plans, isometrics, PID, etc).
The key competences of the "Plant Layout & Integration" Group are related to:
* Design assessment of Generation III/III+ reactors, not limited to but with particular emphasis on EPR, AP1000, ATMEA1 and EU-APR designs;
* Follow-up of Generation IV and Small Modular Reactor (SMR) designs;
* Engineering and Consulting services for Nuclear New Build projects (siting, licensing, design, layout, Owner requirements, Bid Invitation Specifications, EPC Contract Development, etc);
* Design and construction of complex plant modifications and new facilities at operating Nuclear Power Plant units (e.g. spent fuel storage facilities, waste management facilities, Long Term Operation and Post-Fukushima modifications, Containment Filter Venting System, new bunkerised facilities, etc);
* Layout development and Drafting for:
+ Nuclear projects (see hereabove);
+ International Gas Projects (e.g. new LNG Terminals);
+ National and International Conventional Power projects (Combined Cycle Power Plants, Biomass Power Plants, Coal Fired Power Plants, Diesel Engines Power Plants) and Industry projects (e.g. pharmaceutical industry).
The Drawing Office Team Leader acts as delegate of the Plant Layout and Integration Group Leader for the management of the drawing office and for the management of the technical competencies, tools and methods of his / her team. He / she is responsible for the Quality of the drawings and deliverables produced by the draftsmen of his / her team.
The major responsibilities of the Drafting Office Team Leader include:
* Coaching and supervision of the drafting activities, approval of the team drawings by verification of their quality in accordance with the Drafting Office procedures and with Tractebel QHSE processes including specific Nuclear Safety & Quality procedures for Nuclear projects;
* Assessment and monitoring of the workload and project needs, establishment of the workload plan of the team and allocation of the tasks to the team members ; monitoring of the deliverable production (respect of the scope, objectives, planning, budget in terms of spent hours);
* Communication and collaboration with the project managers : definition of the scope of the activities of the Drafting Office, of the required staff by category, of the planning and budget ; priority management in close cooperation with the project managers and the Plant Layout and Integration Group Manager;
* Competence management: identification of the knowledge, required expertise, and technical resources and methodologies needed to accomplish the tasks assigned to the Drafting Office;
* Development and update of the tools and methods needed for the accomplishment of the tasks of the Drafting Office and for the development of new products;
* Individual assessment of the team members, performance of the annual performance review (assessment of the draftsmen, definition of their objectives and means of personal development);
* Organization of team meetings and maintaining a team spirit in the Drafting Office;
* Reporting to the Plant Layout and Integration Group Manager.
* You are a bachelor of electro-mechanics or equivalent and have good knowledge in civil engineering;
* You have several years of experience as Draftsman, Layout Engineer for large scale engineering projects or other relevant experience and have a sharp interest in technical expertise;
* You master Autocad or Microstation; demonstrating experience with several other 3D and 2D lay-out / CAD softwares is a plus (Revit, OpenPlant, AECOSIM, Recap, Navisworks, Solidworks, PDMS, Catia…);
* You have a strong interest in new digital tools and methods (BIM, laser scanner, point cloud, AR/VR);
* You have a strong interest in people management;
* You are dynamic, pragmatic and rigorous and have a strong problem solving attitude;
* You have outstanding judgment, organization and decision making skills;
* You are a team player, good listener, collaborative and communicator;
* You are operational in English, French and Dutch.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.