NUC - Mechanical Engineer Calculation Medior/Senior
Engineering / Projects
TRA00000750 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 150,000 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €65 billion in 2017. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.Tractebel's Nuclear Entity seeks for its "Safety and Modelling Expertise" Department a :
Mechanical Engineer Calculation Medior/Senior
The Piping and Structural Integrity Group in the Nuclear Entity of Tractebel Engineering is in charge of the engineering and design of mechanical structure and components including seismic design in the field of the nuclear power plants and industries.
The Piping and Structural Integrity Group is in charge of the following disciplines:
* Structural analysis and design specific to Nuclear Power Plants within the framework of new build, plant operation support and upgrade of existing nuclear installations for the Long-Term Operation;
* Fracture Mechanics studies;
* Ageing of structures and components;
* Analysis and / of design of component (such as pump, valves, Supporting structures, …);
* Piping calculation of existing or new structures including the supports;
* Design and calculation of anchorages;
* Seismic analysis of structures and components;
* Seismic margin assessment of existing structures (SMA, SPSA);
* Seismic qualification of active components.
* You are in charge of the design and calculations of nuclear related structures submitted to internal and external hazards;
* You perform structural analyses using FEM codes;
* You participate actively in the dynamic analysis of nuclear structures and components to various hazards: earthquake, gas explosion, tornado, …;
* You participate in the writing of technical specifications (design requirements) and the review of technical documents issued by the Contractor;
* You work in a team of about 22 engineers, in close interaction with Senior Engineers;
* You participate in walkdowns in the NPP of Doel and Tihange.
* You are a Mechanical or Civil Engineer with several years of experience in structural analysis and design;
* You are familiar with international codes and standards (Eurocodes as well as American Standards such as ASME, ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), …);
* You are able to predict the response of structures under static and dynamic loading;
* You are experienced in general purpose Finite Element and structural codes (such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, SAMCEF, ..) for static loads or dynamic loads , in case of linear or non-linear analysis;
* A background in seismic assessment of seismic category 1 structures and other structures is an asset;
* Knowledge of nuclear domain and safety is considered as an asset;
* You are able to communicate in Dutch and French or English;
* You are able to coordinate different technical expertise's;
* You are interested to become a high-level expert in this topic.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.