NUC-Design Engineer-Electricity-Weak Currents
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001172 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
The Tractebel Engineering (Nuclear Entity) Plant Operation Support Department is looking for a (m/f):
The Working Environment
The Plant Operation Support Department is in charge of nuclear power projects which Tractebel carries out for Electrabel's Belgian nuclear power plants.
The purpose of the projects managed by our teams is to achieve and share with Electrabel the joint goals, which are:
* to operate the Belgian nuclear power plants of Doel and Tihange;
* while ensuring maximum availability;
* to secure their operational life;
* to prepare for the plants' decommissioning and dismantling phases.
* Draw up and comply with engineering schedules and estimates;
* Formulate the design principles for facilities/equipment/works;
* Help the project owner and other designers to develop the project design;
* Design the facilities/equipment/works;
* Instruct the team about designs and calculations;
* Monitor the establishment and progress of graphic documents and bills of quantities;
* Compile and edit design memos, blueprints, specifications, technical specifications, opinions and so on;
* Estimate the cost of engineering works;
* Analyse offers from tenderers;
* Verify work documents (analyses, opinions);
* Check equipment in the factory and on site;
* Monitor the work carried out;
* Comply with the health and safety instructions set out in the Project Safety Plan, and ensure that others comply with them too;
* Speak fluent French and Dutch.
* Standards, Royal Decrees and codes of best practice;
* Electricity in the tertiary sector (e.g. offices, hotels, shopping centres, IT centres) and/or the industrial sector (e.g. nuclear power stations):
* access control;
* video surveillance;
* intrusion detection;
* fire detection and protection;
* audio-visual technology;
* communication networks;
* safety dispatching;
* field buses.
* You are a civil or industrial engineer;
* You are able to listen to customers and adapt to their requirements;
* You can work independently, take the initiative and are not afraid of decision-making;
* You are actively involved in creating designs;
* You take a pragmatic approach to solving problems and can coordinate activities;
* You are capable of supporting the project manager in managing a team of technicians and designers;
* You have at least five years' experience in designing electrical facilities with weak currents.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.