Department Manager Nuclear Safety - Nuclear
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001565 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 150,000 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €65 billion in 2017. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
Tractebel seeks a :
Department Manager Nuclear Safety
General Manager Tracgebel BE Belgium Nuclear
As a member of the Management Board of the BE Tractebel Belgium Nuclear and reporting to the General Manager Tractebel BE Belgium Nuclear, the Department Manager Nuclear Safety guarantees a comprehensive management/coordination of all matters belonging to Nuclear Safety activities by allocating proficient skills and competences to NUC projects and by ensuring their procedural and regulatory compliance through:
* Ensuring the adherence to, communication, guidance and implementation of Nuclear Safety directives and rules,;
* Managing, developing and promoting the experts and managers of his/her department;
* Supervising the studies, calculations and modification / realisation projects from a technical point of view, in close collaboration with project teams;
This implies that he/she is responsible for :
* Implementing the strategic vision of the nuclear safety activities for BE Belgium Nuclear and seeking out avenues for future development - in Belgium and abroad, within Engie and with third clients;
* Ensuring the execution of the studies in due time, with the required level of quality and within the agreed budget;
* Supervising direct and indirect personnel and their project allocation, including balancing work-loads and setting assignments and priorities;
* Promoting the nuclear safety competence, identifying and valorising the key experts, identifying R&D and methodology development;
* Ensuring regulatory watch;
* Developing the department competences and resources and ensuring knowledge transfer in accordance with market and customer needs, aligning tools and methods;
* Ensuring customer satisfaction through a dynamic approach, while continually improving working methods;
* Making sure that the right certification labels and standards are implemented for the customers;
* Animating the network of Safety Officers and validating the 'Safety Referential' of each project upon request.
* General Manager Tractebel BE Belgium Nuclear;
* Management Board members of Tractebel BE Belgium Nuclear;
* Internal customers;
* Internal partners and stakeholders .
* External customers;
* Contractors and suppliers;
* Safety authorities;
* External partners.
* Masters in Engineering or equivalent by experience;
* At least 10 years of professional experience in the nuclear sector and Nuclear Safety environment;
* At least 5 years of experience in a management function steering a team of engineers
* Acknowledged management, motivation & coordination skills, able to mobilize teams and drive them forward in a pragmatic way;
* Analytical and critical mindset, able to quickly assess technical papers and reports;
* Leadership skills to promote nuclear safety behaviors;
* Flexible, collaborative, assertive, empathetic and stress resilient;
* Entrepreneurial, client and result oriented spirit;
* Fluency in French & Dutch is required;
* Good understanding of the product portfolio of the BU Tractebel and of the strategy of the BU and ENGIE Group. Strong network within the BU and the Group is an asset;
* In-depth understanding of technological background of activities, state of the art and trends in nuclear safety is an asset (standards, trends, regulators, industries, …).
Location : Belgium - Geographically mobile for business trips
* Posting Date: Jan 31, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.