Network Tools Engineer
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Functions: Operations (IT)
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905715077W
'Caring for the world, one person at a time'... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Network Tools Engineer is responsible for the design, deployment, maintenance and documentation of platforms and services critical to JNJs Network Infrastructure. The candidate is responsible for supporting the development and deployment of network technologies via element management and control systems in adherence to J&J's technical and solution standards.
The successful candidate will have broad technical knowledge of WAN, LAN, WLAN and Security technologies, including a demonstrated background in Routing Protocols, Network Security Platforms as well as developing cost efficient wired and wireless network designs. The candidate must also have broad proficiency in Network Virtualization, Cloud computing, SDN/NFV and overlay technologies.
The candidate must have demonstrated experience in managing deployment and operations tooling platforms such as monitoring, alerting, fault management, incident management, correlation, service provisioning, capacity management and software release management.
The candidate must be able to transform complex problems and abstract concepts into executable technology solutions. In this role, the candidate will be accountable for evaluation and selection of infrastructure services and supporting tools including cost analysis, TCO & value realization for these services. The candidate will be accountable for documenting, training and supporting managed services providers for supporting JNJs network environment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
* Establish and maintain regular communications with Architecture, Deployment as
1. well as Operations teams, Supplier management and vendors regarding requisite
2. network infrastructure tools and improvement opportunities.
* Consult with peer organizations and management on best practices for network standards and develop configuration & platform templates to support global deployments at scale. This includes providing supporting documentation and training to the regional support teams.
* Develops release management plan for network management solutions. Analyzes vulnerabilities, bugs and target features to recommend future OS versions. Provides cost justification for implementation across JNJ's environment.
* Develop automation scripts to manage legacy and next generation systems via API/SSH in order to correct deviation from standards implementation templates and perform regular audits of the environment to ensure compliance.
1. Assist with monitoring and business critical services in LMDW environments for better availability, reliability and cost efficiency. Accountable for evaluation and selection of infrastructure services and supporting tools for automating alerting and fault management in JNJs environment.
* Mentor junior staff in network design and automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan.
* Communicate the progress of your work to your peers, customers, and leads.
* Provide self-assessment on how to improve their own performance.
* Contribute towards streamlining functional processes and help minimize resource inefficiency.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science Or Software Engineering
* 8-10 years direct experience designing, installing and/or managing a highly available global production networks for large enterprises.
* 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a large enterprise with a focus on managing availability, alerting, root cause analysis, automated fault mitigation and release management.
* 2+ years of development experience supporting self service to customers. Relevant work experience, including Unix systems administration, integration testing and scripting experience in Shell, Ruby, Python, Perl or YAML.
* Hands on knowledge of infrastructure protocols (BGP, EIGRP, HSRP/VRRP, etc.), IPAM and application protocols (HTTP/S, LDAP, SNMP, etc.) as well as means of securing communications.
* Versed in a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments e.g. Cisco, Arista, Juniper, VMWare, F5 as well as developing and deploying solutions on open source protocols and technologies.
* Demonstrated understanding of wired and wireless connectivity platforms and protocols such as DWDM, MPLS, Spanning-tree, RF optimization, 802.11x and 802.1x authentication.
* Excellent written and oral communication skill with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level management's, and peer engineers.