Network Security Engineer (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Network Security Engineer, based in Brussels.
See Ideal Candidate Section
The Ideal Candidate
* A valid Security Clearance. (Without a valid security clearance, you will not be considered !) ;
* 4 year degree in Computer Science related Degree and 10 years experience in IT Environment. (In the absence of a degree each candidate will have an additional two years experience per annum of missing higher education) ;
* Certification in CCNA Cyber Ops and it's desirable to hold a certification in CCT Routing & Switching ;
* Other Certification in technology related domain such as CMS and CCSA ;
* ITIL certified ;
* 10 years experience and excellent knowledge of network protocols including some of those years spent in Secure Network Environments. And 10 years experience in European Institutions and an excellent knowledge of administration of Fortinet firewall systems, content inspection, firewall statistics and related security tools ;
* Excellent knowledge of network security and 10 years experience working on with systems such as Firewalls, Secure access, full disk encryption and media, encryption, Remote Access, Internet Access ;
* 5 years experience in wide area protocols (ISDN, ADSL, etc.) and 5 years experience and an excellent knowledge of administration of CISCO firewall systems, content inspection, firewall statistics and related security tools. Also 5 years experience and an excellent knowledge of operating systems (Microsoft Windows and Linux) and 5 years experience and a very good knowledge of network management, monitoring and debugging tools ;
* 2 years experience and a good knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems: FirePower Treat Defense (FTD) and 2 years experience and a good knowledge of proxy servers and 2 years experience and a good knowledge of PKI infrastructure ;
* 3 years experience and a good knowledge of dial-in systems with authentication and encryption ;
* 1 year experience and a basic knowledge of application layer XML filters ;
* An excellent knowledge of English is mandatory (level C1 CEFR) beside the knowledge of another language of the EU. The knowledge of French is also seen as a very valuable asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
* An attractive salary paid 13.92 times/years as follows:
+ Monthly salary 12 times
+ Holiday prime paid in June (92% of the salary) and end year bonus (usually mid-December). To be eligible for the end of year bonus prime workers have to work at least 6 months in the year (pro-rata to the number of months worked)
* Meal vouchers/worked day
* Medical insurance (extendable to your household)
* Group insurance
* Holidays: with a contract of 40h/week you will be entitled to 20 legal days of paid holiday in addition to the 10 public holidays. Added to this you will also be entitled to 12 days of RTT (Reduction de Temps de Travail - Work Time Reduction)
* Intervention in travelling expenses to and from work (train 100% refunded)
* Company car - if applicable
* Relocation support - if applicable
About the Company
Serco is one of the world's largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people's lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers "front-line" public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application
Job Reference B019/EEAS/4479
Contract Type Fixed term / PAYE
Closing Date 31 March, 2019
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 11 February, 2019
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address