Network Project Manager (M/F)
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Digital and IT
Global Business Support
ENG00016063 Requisition #
Operating under the managerial authority of Global Business Support (GBS), ENGIE Information and Technologies (ENGIE IT) is ENGIE's information systems nerve centre.
We produce IT services for the Group's Business Units and functional lines in the following areas:
- IT infrastructure: networks, work environment, data centres, security, communication, etc.;
- research, development and application maintenance;
- advice on organising and managing business projects with a strong IT dimension.
ENGIE IT draws on its competencies and expertise to benefit the Group's businesses. We support their transformation by offering competitive services with high added value.
We anticipate market developments and ENGIE's digital challenges, tailor our offer accordingly and act as an IT innovation incubator for the Group's businesses.
In connection with the implementation of the industrial plan to develop shared service centres (SSCs) in France and Belgium, ENGIE IT SSC is looking for a:
Network Project Manager (M/F)
One of the business activities of Business Support Information Systems
Position based in Brussels (Belgium)
The entity issuing the consultation is the Network & Security Services Department of ENGIE IT. This department is responsible for the telecommunication and network services management process. Its entity designs telecom and network infrastructure and services as well as the associated flow filtering infrastructure. Its primary mission is:
* To provide a competitive, high-quality telecommunication and network service that meets the service levels agreed in customer contracts.
The Connection Networks service line is made up of four departments:
This department, which includes Service Delivery Managers and Operations Managers, manages 'capillary' interconnection services linking remote sites to the company network (WAN France, WAN Belgium, WAN International, MAN BE, MAN FR)
Site LANs and remote firewalls
This department, which includes Service Delivery Managers and Operations Managers, is in charge of managing access and security services for connecting terminal equipment (laptops, copiers, IP phones, video conferencing, access control, and so on) within Group buildings: remote LANs (FR & BE), remote firewalls.
This department, which includes Service Delivery Managers and Operations Managers, is responsible for managing WiFi network access services for the connection of terminal equipment (laptops, smartphones, tablets) within Group buildings.
Its activities cover both the central infrastructure and the access points on the remote sites.
Integration Engineering and Expertise
This department, which includes network project managers and network experts, is responsible for the overall technical and functional cross-disciplinary coordination of network connectivity and security aspects when it comes to fulfilling non-standard customer requests and meeting complex needs.
It ensures the consistency of end-to-end services across the entire connection chain and manages service stakeholders (managed services providers, integrators, operators) during design and roll-out.
The network project managers and release operations managers are on this team.
Within the Network & Security Services (NSS) Department, the Network Project Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the infrastructure (e.g. LAN, WAN, MAN, WiFi) aspects of requests/projects in industrialised environments.
The customer request manager is the first port of call for the NSS Department and the single point of contact for the department's customers across all the stages of a request or project.
* Steering and monitoring every aspect of roll-out projects in response to a customer request: classification of requests
* Drawing up specifications for suppliers
* Choosing the participants, managing availability and costs
* PMO: creating or consolidating project schedules
* Drawing up commercial proposals based on the offerings in the IT catalogue
* Managing communication throughout projects, in accordance with the defined processes
* Validating documents (activation report, purchase request, reversibility plans)
* Ensuring that deadlines are met and commitments fulfilled, coordinating those involved in the roll-out projects, overseeing acceptance testing, managing the budget
* Passing on request processing to the appropriate scope and working on standardising requests to allow maximum integration into the service management tool
* Strengthening cost management and transparency
* Travel to other sites is sometimes necessary
Knowledge of the company and its roles
Knowledge of reporting techniques
Power of conviction
Reliability - Discipline
Familiarity with MAN/WAN operators' solutions and offerings
Broad knowledge of LAN/WiFi/firewall network technologies
Ability to write a document clearly, with future readers in mind
* Considerable experience in rolling out telecom solutions
* Strong organisational skills, which can be applied in drawing up and following action plans
* Ability to report on progress, problems and risks
Ability to present the technical implications of a chosen solution to an audience of non-experts
Personal and communication competencies:
* Good time management (project steering, planning ahead)
* Ability to learn about service offerings independently
* Thorough, methodical approach, compliance with the standards and procedures of the Telecom and Network Department
* Capacity for analysis and decision-making
* Systematic mind
Strong communication skills facilitating dialogue between stakeholders with different constraints and goals
Good written and spoken French, Dutch and English
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.