Business Model Researcher - Digital Health
Brussel - Research & development
Research at the Digital Health unit at SMIT is centered on Business & Economic Sustainability Research, User Researcher and Data Security & Privacy Research. To strengthen the digital health team, imec -SMIT is looking for a Researcher with a strong background in economics, business and health.
Apply for this job
SMIT (Studies on Media, Innovation and Technology) is a research center of the Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. SMIT is also a core research group of imec, Europe's leading research institute on nano-technology and digital innovation.
For more than 25 years, imec-SMIT specializes in economic, living lab and policy research on ICT innovation in Media, Smart Cities, and Healthcare. Our team consists of around 65 senior and junior researchers with a wide variety in backgrounds and nationalities.
What you will do
Digital Health is the convergence of the digital and genomic revolution. Digital Health empowers people to better track, manage, and improve their own and their family's health, and live better, more productive lives. Digital health applications have the potential to reduce inefficiencies in healthcare delivery, improve access, reduce costs, increase quality, and make medicine more personalized and precise. IMEC-SMIT's Digital Health Unit research focusses on three pillars: (i) Prevention and Self-Monitoring, (ii) Human Robotic Interaction and (iii) Big data and people-centered algorithms. Research at the Digital Health unit is centered on Business & Economic Sustainability Research, User Researcher and Data Security & Privacy Research. To strengthen the digital health team, imec-SMIT is looking for a Researcher with a strong background in economics, business and health.
Research task will include
* Work on national and international research projects related to emerging digital technologies in healthcare;
* Evaluate European healthcare systems and explore opportunities/barriers for novel digital health solutions;
* Explore new ways of assessing the impact and added value of digital health innovations;
* Ignite interdisciplinary research between different players in the healthcare ecosystem;
* Researching, developing and disseminating business model methodologies, outlining and validating business model configurations;
* Studying and applying business model concepts in the context of SME innovation projects;
* Coach digital health startups on their business model and go-to-market strategy;
* Publish research results in academic journals and conferences;
* Working on a PhD-trajectory is not required but definitely a possibility.
What we do for you
* A dynamic and stimulating work environment with enterprising young scientists and experienced senior researchers in an international setting.
* Flexible working conditions with opportunity for personal initiative.
* High-quality innovation research on future oriented services
* Attractive remuneration package
* A full time, renewable contract for 1 year and long term career perspectives.
Who you are
* Master's degree in (Applied) Economics, Health Economics, (Healthcare) Management, Business Engineering or similar with excellent academic results;
* Initial knowledge regarding Business Modeling theories and their application;
* Proficiency in qualitative & quantitative research methods or prepared to acquire these skills fast;
* Strong interest in and affinity with digital emerging technologies;
* Strong interest and domain expertise in (digital) healthcare;
* Feeling comfortable in working with start-ups, SMEs, innovators and CxOs
* Good time management and planning skills
* Flexible attitude in working on a multitude of projects in a varying environment
* Academic writing skills and fluency in English. Dutch is a strong plus.
Please send your CV and motivation letter as soon as possible and before 12/2/2018 to Wim Cloots on firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job
Share this on
Follow imec on:
Nederlands | English
CMOS and beyond CMOSImage sensors and vision systemsSilicon photonicsThin-film flexible electronicsLife sciencesWearablesPhotovoltaics
GaNSensor solutions for IoTWireless IoT communicationRadar sensing systemsSolid state batteriesData science and data securityLife sciences 2018
What we offer