ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of ENGIE's Business Units. We deliver services in supply and logistics management, asset management, risk management, market access management, while contributing to the market understanding, design and efficiency and developing market solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
GEM manages one of the largest and most diversified energy portfolios in Europe, including electricity, natural gas, bulk commodities and environmental products.
With 5 trading platforms and activities in more than 50 countries, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in the US. It employs 1,300 people around the world.
Check and produce the reports and analyses relating to financial information for the perimeter PAM&ETS.
As a Middle Office & Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for:
* follow up and validation on a daily basis the economical P&L by close collaboration with Front Office, analyzing and reporting on the variation of the P&L, detecting deviations in the evolution of the results and initiating corrective actions to improve global performance
* perform controlling activities within your responsibility and to validate accounting results of the portfolio and asset-backed trading activities
* prepare previsions on End of Year Results as well as previsions for coming years (Y+1 until Y+3)
* provide timely, accurate, validated and relevant information and business reporting;
* integrate/analyse the different performance dimensions/indicators (e.g. S-P, Turnover recognition,…) by means of a good view and understanding of the business activities (deal types, new contracts, markets, etc) of both portfolio and asset-backed trading
* set-up a strategic plan and budget together with the business for the asset-backed trading activities
* ensure appropriate administrative procedures, processes and reporting are in place and respected
* propose enhancement of process and automation of tools where relevant
* ensure a close link and collaboration with the Front Office teams as well as with the Back Office, Risk and Accounting (Accis) teams
Education and professional background:
* a Master's degree in applied economics, finance or accounting or relevant professional experience
* at least 3 years relevant professional experience in the energy industry in a similar role
* an analytical and quantitative skills, combined with a hands-on approach
* a good knowledge of office tools as Excel as well as interest and strong understanding of information management tool and trading systems
* the capability and/or interest in coding languages (Python etc.)
* assertive, inquisitive, stress resistant and trustworthy
* well organized and pro-active
* able to perform during specific reporting cycles with tight deadlines
* eager to learn, tenacious, with a strong business drive
* a real team player able to transfer your knowledge, and able to coordinate the inputs/actions of various units
* fluent in English (spoken, understanding & written)
* knowledge of Dutch or French is a strong plus, or you are willing to learn
* Posting Date: Nov 5, 2019