Medior Radwaste Decommissioning Engineer - Nuclear
Junior or Medior Radwaste and Decommissioning Engineer - Nuclear
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. With more than 60 years of nuclear experience, our high-level engineering and consulting services offer added-value across the full lifecycle of nuclear installations, from design to decommissioning.
The working environment
The Radwaste & Radiation Protection Group, which is part of the Radwaste and D&D Department, is the competence center in charge of assisting clients of the nuclear segment, with high added value consulting and engineering for the management of radioactive waste and the decommissioning of nuclear installations.
You participate to the preparation of bids, the studies and the projects regarding radwaste management and decommissioning issues by:
- Developing an in-depth expertise about treatment and conditioning systems of solid waste and liquid & gaseous effluents;
- Specifying systems and/or equipment that meet clients' requirements;
- Being the contact with the equipment suppliers;
- Establishing the equipment lay-out drawings with designers and draftsmen;
- Following up the contractors during the site commissioning phase;
- Using computer codes developed for evaluating decommissioning costs;
- Developing sensitivity studies with those codes, especially regarding radwaste management techniques and strategies implemented and their impact on the decommissioning planning and costs.
- You have a master degree in engineering with a strong will to develop your technical expertise.
- Experience in the nuclear industry and particularly in radwaste management and decommissioning is an asset. For the medior position, at least 5 years of experience in the aforementioned areas of expertise is expected.
- Your mother tongue is Dutch and you are fluent in English.
- You are able to draw up reports in Dutch and English.
- You are familiar with the MS-Office software suite, Visual Basic and Access.
- You are autonomous and you like teamwork.
- You are available and open to gain new competencies as well as to share them. For the medior position, you are willing to provide guidance to less experienced colleagues.
What we offer
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel in Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
- Posting Date: Jul 4, 2019