Medior Instrument Engineer
Fluor engineering NV is focused on developing long term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the Process Industry in Belgium. The Antwerp office provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support.
In these projects, E&CS designer take responsibility for the development of technical drawings for projects in the oil, gas and (petro-) chemical industry.
The designer works within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with other disciplines, and clients to translate engineered solution into detailed design.
The designer works under direct supervision of a lead designer which acts as a mentor and coach.
The Electrical & Instrumentation & Control system group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to experience focusing on integer detailed design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for a successful designer. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with others technical disciplines in our task force is essential.
Key Responsibilities :
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able to:
• Perform engineering in several, but not yet all, project phases e.g. Feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects.
Work activities include e.g.:
• Development of P&ID’s, instrument index; instrument datasheets/specifications, instrument block diagrams; control of detailed design like: cable schedules/ panel layouts/ instrument layouts/ sketches/ loop and wiring diagrams/ hook-ups/ cable trays; control of electrical design and engineering ; selection of materials; E&I&CS input to other disciplines.
• The complete cycle of writing/reviewing instruments and control-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, Factory Acceptance Tests, coordinate field implementation including Site Acceptance Test, commissioning and turn-over.
• Input to Basic Engineering Design Packages and Writing of contractors scope of work
• Participate in HAZOP/ SIL/ LOPA sessions
• Assure integrity of the developed design documents. •
• Assure it works and is safe and according specification
• Supervision, planning, organization of the work
• Coordinate the I&CS engineering/design team (2-4 people); Assign work in cooperation with the senior lead engineer.
• Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• 5-15 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor or production company in the process industry.
• Knowledge of field instrumentation technology
• Performing instrument calculations
• Knowledge of field wiring solutions
• Knowledge of control system DCS and PLC hardware is a preference
• Basic knowledge of electrical systems
• Knowledge of Functional safety (SIL), ATEX, is a preference
• Exhibit understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
• Exhibit understanding of the other discipline task and deliverables like electrical, process, piping, mechanical and civil/structural
Other Job Requirements
• Bachelor or Master or equivalent in industrial automation, measuring and control engineering, mechatronics
• Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English;
written and verbal communication with our Client’s is as well in Dutch as in English
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to travel
• Coordination skills and able to multi-task
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Medior Instrument Engineer | Fluor Corp