Medior I&CS Engineer
Scope of Activities
Fluor Engineering NV in Antwerp is looking for a Medior Instrument & Control Systems Engineer.
The Electrical & Instrumentation & Control system group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects, engineers / designers take responsibility for the functionality of the electrical & Instrumentation & Control system project scope in the oil, gas and (petro-) chemical industry, renewable energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing. They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able to:
• Perform engineering in all project phases e.g. Feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects in all commonly used industrial DCS and Safeguarding systems e.g. Yokogawa, Invensys, Honeywell, Hima, Emerson, Siemens. Work activities include e.g.:
- Development of: P&ID’s; instrument index; small IO extensions till complete new control systems; legacy control system migration plans; adjusting control, sequence and safeguarding narratives based on the actual system platform; E&I&CS input to other disciplines; Scope of work; migration, integration and cut-over plans for both hard and software; Integration of the Control System hardware scope in the total design packages. E.g. loop diagrams, wiring diagrams, power supply, UPS, fiber optic, Ethernet / serial / Fieldbus / Profibus
- The complete cycle of writing/reviewing control-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, Factory Acceptance Tests, coordinate field implementation including Site Acceptance Test, commissioning and turn-over. This for all system hardware required like controllers, I/O systems, cabinets, network connections, Ethernet / serial / Fieldbus / Profibus
- Participate in HAZOP/ SIL/ LOPA sessions and performing functional safety studies (SIL) including safety calculations
- Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
• Supervision, planning, organization of the work :
- Coordinate the CS engineering and design ; Assign work in cooperation with senior lead engineer
- Prepare schedules, estimates, manpower forecasts and apply change-risk management.
- Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
- Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level engineers/designers
• Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
• 5-15 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor, system integrator or production company in the process industry.
• Knowledge of control system DCS and PLC hardware as well as software, process control solutions for (petro-) and chemical processes, field wiring solutions, field installation and available control system components
• Field instrumentation knowledge is a preference
• Functional safety (SIL) knowledge is a preference
• Exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
• Exhibit thorough understanding of the other discipline task and deliverables like process and mechanical
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Bachelor, Master degree or equivalent in automation / advance control / systems engineering
• Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English;
written and verbal communication with our Client’s is as well in Dutch as in English
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to travel
• Be able to multi-task between several projects