Medical research developer
Brussel - Research & development
Imec-ETRO-VUB is looking for a talented and enthusiastic C++ and python developer to join the research group on biomedical image analysis.
Apply for this job
ETRO, the department of Electronics and Informatics (http://www.etrovub.be/) of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) performs fundamental and applied research in Micro- & Optoelectronics, multidimensional signal processing, and audiovisual computing. The main research areas relevant for this position are medical image analysis, image-guided therapy, machine learning, computer-aided diagnosis and clinical decision support.
ETRO closely collaborates with UZ Brussel, a top-rated university hospital that has gained recognition at national and international level. We are a core member of imec, the world-leading research and innovation hub in nano-electronics and digital technologies. Our team is currently a fruitful mixture of people from dif-ferent nationalities. The main working language is English.
What you will do
The position will involve developing algorithms and user interfaces for medical image analysis, medical image visualization, and tools for data exploration and visualization. The work will be performed in close collaboration with a team of biomedical researchers of imec-ETRO-VUB, and medical physicists and physicians of the university hospital UZ Brussel. The selected applicant will be responsible for extending and maintaining a research development environment used within the research group and support the translation of selected tools to the clinical environment of the university hospital.
* Maintain and extend an existing state of the art toolkit for medical image analysis (C++ and python)
* Improve and extend a framework that allows easy translation of image analysis algorithms from the research environment to the clinic (Osirix /Horos and 3DSlicer)
* Development of a new framework for high-dimensional data exploration and visualization (python)
* In term, coordinate the software development process within the group
What we do for you
We offer a full-time position in an inspiring, challenging and flexible research environment. You will join a dynamic team of developers, researchers, post-docs and professors; and collaborate with medical physicists and doctors. We offer the possibility to follow various advanced training courses in Belgium or abroad.
You will be hired at ETRO, and your main place of work will be Pleinlaan 9, 1050 Brussel (VUB campus Etterbeek), with frequent visits to the UZ Brussel (VUB campus Jette). You will receive a competitive salary with additional benefits covering holiday pay, hospital insurance and public transport; and generous holiday entitlement.
The position is available immediately. The contract will initially be for one year, with possibility for extension.
Who you are
* Master's degree in computer science, Informatics, Physics or Biomedical Engineering, with sufficient training in programming and software development; or equivalent through experience
* Experience in C++ and python programming
* Knowledge of QT, objective C and Osirix / Horos is considered an asset
* Previous experience in (bio)medical software development and data visualization using ITK, VTK, seaborn or bokeh is highly appreciated.
* We are looking for an enthusiastic person, with a strong interest in the area of biomedical research and eager to learn
* In addition to the required programming skills, the image and data visualization tasks require someone with experience or talent in graphical design, and a demonstrated affinity for making beautiful software and graphics. Sharing examples of previous development work during the application is encouraged
* Professional working proficiency of English is required
Jef Vandemeulebroucke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Department Electronics and Informatics (ETRO),
Vrije Universiteit Brussel,
Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussel
Apply for this job
Share this on
Follow imec on:
Nederlands | English
CMOS and beyond CMOSImage sensors and vision systemsSilicon photonicsThin-film flexible electronicsWearablesPhotovoltaicsGaN
Sensor solutions for IoTWireless IoT communicationRadar sensing systemsSolid state batteriesData science and data securityLife sciences
What we offer