Medical Director TA Immunology
Date: Mar 15, 2019
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Global Clinical Development TA Immunology
Location: Slough, UK; Monheim, Germany or Brussels, Belgium
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Clinical Development Practice Immunology, based in our UCB sites in Slough, UK or, Monheim, Germany, or Brussels, Belgium (Headquarters), we are looking to fill the position of: Medical Director TA Immunology
As a UCB Medical Director you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Be innovative in clinical drug development and your assessment of current and future treatment strategies
* Deliver thorough and ethical scientific/clinical efficacy and safety data analysis to show value for patients
* Work together with internal and external stakeholders to find solutions for patients living with severe diseases
You will contribute by:
* Providing medical and scientific expertise into project and study teams to successfully develop and execute clinical development plans including clinical study protocols and reports, regulatory submission documents, and other clinical documents for a compound ready to move in Phase 3 development and submission stage
* Ensuring the study-related safety of the subjects in the clinical trials through appropriate medical monitoring of studies on an ongoing basis
* Providing training and ongoing input to all members of the Project Team and the Clinical Study Team on medical/scientific issues related to the therapeutic field in question
* Serving as a key global medical/scientific spokesperson for UCB with the internal and external community including key opinion leaders and various regulatory and governmental agencies.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Medical qualification (MD) required
* Min 5 years experience in pharmaceutical industry in clinical development including knowledge of GCP ideally with experience on the Sponsor side
* Relevant experience within Immunology would be a plus
* Board certification or other relevant higher medical and academic qualification preferred
* Experience in clinical practice in relevant discipline preferred but not a must-have
* Clear and articulate verbal, written and presentation skills with good command of the English language and the appropriate comportment to represent UCB internationally at meetings and congresses.
* Strong team player with ability to work in global diverse matrix teams and to build effective working relationships at all levels in the organization
* Scientific curiosity and ability to innovate combined with attention to timelines, results and added value
Discover more about UCB at www.ucb.com/careers.
Have we made you curious?
Then we look forward to receiving your online application (please only use our online application tool) for this position stating your earliest availability or actual notice period as well as salary expectations. We thank you for your interest in UCB and look forward to get in touch with you! UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system. With 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, we generated revenue of EUR 4.5 billion in 2018.
Do you want to find out more about us then visit our website: www.ucb.com
Job Segment: Medical, Immunology, Manager, Law, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Management, Legal, Science