Mechanical Project Engineer
Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company's innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2020 revenues of approximately $8.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit .
As mechanical project engineer you will be responsible for the support of Saflex manufacturing processes, products and services, through effective solving of existing and/or emerging deficiencies, in order to establish worldwide leadership position. This includes professional trouble shooting assistance, cross-departmental transfer of knowledge, development of concept/strategy and implementation of efficient engineering projects.
▪ analyze, identify, develop and implement equipment improvements will be your main responsibility
▪ manage and implement plant projects, as defined in the capital plan, according to project premises of safety, timing, quality, volume and cost.
▪ coordinate and follow-up project activities with internal and external resources
▪ provide technical expertise & assistance in case of acute/chronic equipment performance deficiencies within Saflex Manufacturing
▪ prepare technical/educational material and present this information to various groups
▪ maintain right to operate conditions in the Saflex process to assure the continuity of the Ghent operations
▪ stay on top of, amongst others, extrusion based equipment technology
▪ cultivate networks with people across a variety of functions and locations within the organization
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day