Mechanical Project Engineer
Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
As mechanical project engineer you will be responsible for the support of Saflex manufacturing processes, products and services, through effective solving of existing and/or emerging deficiencies, in order to establish worldwide leadership position. This includes professional trouble shooting assistance, cross-departmental transfer of knowledge, development of concept/strategy and implementation of efficient engineering projects.
▪ analyze, identify, develop and implement equipment improvements will be your main responsibility
▪ manage and implement plant projects, as defined in the capital plan, according to project premises of safety, timing, quality, volume and cost.
▪ coordinate and follow-up project activities with internal and external resources
▪ provide technical expertise & assistance in case of acute/chronic equipment performance deficiencies within Saflex Manufacturing
▪ prepare technical/educational material and present this information to various groups
▪ maintain right to operate conditions in the Saflex process to assure the continuity of the Ghent operations
▪ stay on top of, amongst others, extrusion based equipment technology
▪ cultivate networks with people across a variety of functions and locations within the organization
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.