Manager Public Sector Strategy, Innovation & Operations
What impact will you make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
The public sector is about more than only its institutions: it's about citizens and businesses too.
So, we know when we bring value to the public sector, this in turn, has an impact on the citizens and businesses it serves. Based on deep industry expertise, our passionate team uses analysis, assessments and innovation to help our clients do whatever is needed to reduce administrative burden and costs and optimise how things are run. In short, making them more efficient and effective so they have a positive impact on the public.
Work you'll do
- You'll have quality conversations with clients at different levels, including C-suite, where your strong strategic knowledge will be a huge added value
- You'll give solid strategic advice to our clients by bringing top-notch expertise to the table
- You'll deliver results independently, including managing the approach, liaising with stakeholders, and directing activities of people on the project team
- You'll help junior profiles and the team as a whole grow by sharing your expertise
- You'll play an active role in business development activities in order to grow our team, for example by developing strong propositions and proposals for our (potential) clients, and by being involved in business development and sales activities
- You'll be a key member of the service line's management team, contributing with innovative ideas to continue to develop new services for our clients, helping to execute our growth strategy and actively participating in initiatives aimed at bringing out the best in our people
- You have a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience. Experience in management consultancy is an asset.
- You have a university degree. A relevant post-graduate degree is a plus.
- You have a knack for giving strategic advice, and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex ideas to all levels of an organisation, and effectively lead and manage all key stakeholders
- You have excellent people management skills with a strong focus on team development
Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- You are stress-resistant, flexible and eager to learn
- You have good insights into or a keen interest in the public sector landscape
- You have proven experience in at least two of the following domains: strategy development, strategic planning, strategic performance management, business process management, cost reduction, efficiency improvement, lean, administrative burden
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English and either French or Dutch
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
What's in it for you
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You'll work in a collaborative, creative environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and many unique learning opportunities are offered. You'll receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.