* Requisition ID: WD164151
* Position: Full-Time Regular
* Open date: Apr 13, 2018 8:36 AM
* Functional area: Manufacturing
* Required degrees: Not Indicated
Select Locale Email a friend
Responsible for the operations of a production unit within a production plant (reporting to the production head).
- Supervises/Manages day to day vaccines operations (Bulk) so as to cope with the demand: adapt production schedule based on 3 months / yearly plan and capacity investments when required by the 3-year plan.
- Manage a team of Managers (D02) and their staff
- Responsible for the application of the GSKBio strategy and its development in his production unit.
- Continuously anticipates potential improvements of the current processes while assuring compliance with the Change Management procedures.
- Organises and monitors performance progress efficiency of the facility through Key Performance Indicators related to Quality, Budget, Delivery, People and Safety.
- Ensures that the facility is properly managed in accordance with highest quality standards, including Security and (Bio) Safety aspects
- Ensures that the facility, equipment, and staff are appropriately designed and trained to ensure production activities and to facilitate transfer of new processes from Industrialisation. Responsible for the implementation of the Total Quality Management Process (TQM) in the facility.
- Assures the production responsibility with QC and RA Departments
- Responsible for representing GSK before visitors and local authorities.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- Bio Engineer or University degree in sciences or equivalent
- At least 8 to 10 years experience in vaccine production or specific production unit.
- Experience in people management, preferably in a production environment
- Very good knowledge of GMP for biological products
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.