Manager, Network Security Tech DevOps
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Functions: Information Security
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905715929W
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Manager, Network Security Tech DevOps within its Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM) group.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson recognizes that information is a critical business asset and that our ability to manage, control and protect this asset will have a direct and significant impact on our success as a business. The Manager, Network Security Tech DevOps will be a member of the Global Network Security team whose responsibilities include engineering, deployment and operational management of the infrastructure and management that supports the global network security capabilities across the enterprise with a primary emphasis on firewall and network inspection technologies (including next gen firewall solutions). The Manager is responsible and accountable for network security activities related to the design, build and ongoing engineering support related to network security technologies. The role partners with Network Services, and enterprise technology teams globally to ensure network security technology solutions are deployed and operated in alignment with all aspects
of core engineering and design tenants.
In addition, the Manager must have good communication (oral and written) skills, leaderships skills and business relationship skills to coordinate all remediation efforts during a security incident and collaborate with other ISRM team members to provide guidance in remediation of security findings.
* Assume ownership role for all DevOps engineering activities in support of network security technologies globally, including:
* Plan, design, test and "package" for implementation including upgrades/new releases, bug fixes and new features
* Plan, design, test and "package" integration strategies between existing and new technologies
* Design and create all required documentation in support of network security technologies
* Partner with other teams (including network services, and enterprise operations) to ensure effective and efficient design and functionality
* Manage day to day network security technology vendors ensuring prompt delivery of quality code, features, bug fixes, etc. by developing and managing operational and quality metrics
* Perform L2/L3 related activities in support of environment including troubleshooting issues with hardware and/or software. Escalate issues as needed to vendor as needed.
* Candidate will make decisions related to the effectiveness of key network security technologies for J&J and present to management.
* Candidate will use their judgment and experience to work through design and implementation issues throughout the project, escalating to the project team and management as required.
* Candidate will make decision regarding the prioritization of activities across a team. Candidate must be able to make independent and binding determinations with regards to the cost effective, efficient and security design and implementation of the technologies.
* Responsible for the day to day operational management of the network security and in particular the global firewall environment (including next gen firewalls),
* Installation and migration experience with key network security technology such as Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Firepower, VMware NSX, Tufin Automation Platform, Skybox Network Compliance, Cisco Umbrella, Palo Alto and Scrutinizer or industry equivalents is required,
* Create, maintain and continuously improve standard operating procedures,
* Develop automation playbooks and investigate opportunities to develop greater level of automation into manual tasks across the team,
* Recommend configuration and enhancements for security tools, based on contextual information and current threat landscape
* Act as a liaison with vendors and suppliers whose technologies are utilized to manage global firewall environment,
* Prepares and presents management level briefings on technology improvements recommendations.
* Assist in the strategic information security direction for Johnson & Johnson and present to management, recommend new policy requirements and recommend program management decisions on relevant information security programs.
* Partner with IT contacts, end users and ISRM during response activities.
* Assist with security events/incidents, supporting incident response activities with Cyber Security Operations Center as appropriate.
* Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
* A Bachelor's degree is preferred, preferably in computer science, risk management, security, or a related major
* Minimum of 7 years of overall professional IT experience is required.
* Minimum of 3 years of IT Security experience in network and firewall security experience is required
* An understanding of network routing and switching, firewalls, network monitoring, traffic analysis, IDS/IPS- is required.
* Installation and migration experience with Cisco ASA Firewalls, Firepower (Firewall software), including malware and URL filtering configuration setups;
* An understanding of, and the ability to recognize network-based threats and vulnerabilities is required.
* An understating of modern approach to software defined networking through automation and orchestration is required,
* Willingness and the ability to learn in a dynamic environment is required.
* Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills are required.
* Strong collaboration, leadership and business relationship skills are required.
* Possessing the credibility and presence to act as subject matter expert is required.
* Demonstrated experience in the creation and "maintenance" of operational documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and/or Work Instructions (WI) is preferred.
* Demonstrated time management ability, juggling multiple priorities over spans of time is required.
* Demonstrated effectiveness within large, diverse, operating environments and the ability to influence others is required.
* Industry certifications like ITILv3, CCNA, CISSP, CISA or equivalent network security experience preferred.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)