M&A Tax Senior Financial Analyst
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
Leading with heart, living by values
Dig deep and unearth the fascinating and constantly changing tax ecosystem under the expert stewardship of PwC’s Tax teams, the world’s leading providers of tax services. Make an impact by solving problems in corporate or personal tax, accounting, transfer pricing, trade and so much more - your specialty is always your choice. Our multidisciplinary tax teams work side by side, both in Belgium and across borders, to help clients make the changes they need to be transparent, accountable and sustainable. It’s better for business and better for society.
To reinforce our team in Brussels, Antwerp or Ghent, we are therefore looking for a M&A Tax Senior Financial Analyst.
Why do we need a Financial Analyst in M&A Tax
As you are aware, the local and international tax landscape are changing fast over the last years and this creates new challenges for our clients being corporate and financial investors.
Against this background we are looking to increase our finance expertise within the tax practice as the financial background of transactions are becoming critical for tax purposes.
You will be integrated within the M&A Tax Team of PwC and will advise clients and teams in the framework of financial analysis, tax modelling, structuring and valuation of local and international transactions including e.g. acquisitions, disposals, carve-outs, internal restructuring such as mergers and demergers, refinancings, distressed finance, structuring of management participation and carried interest.
What you’ll learn and do
- As a M&A Tax Senior Financial Analyst you will be integrated within the M&A Tax Team of PwC.
- You will advise clients and teams in the framework of financial analysis, tax modelling, structuring and valuation of local and international transactions. This will include acquisitions, disposals, carve-outs, internal restructuring such as mergers and demergers, refinancings, distressed finance, structuring of management participation and carried interest.
- You will perform financial research on corporate databases including Reuters, Eikon, Bloomberg and others.
- You will make benchmarks of interest rates, industry financial ratios, multiples, peer group searches, WACC. Any expertise in credit ratings (Moody’s and Standard and Poors) will help you to reach this task
- You will help our clients with loans and equity valuations using multiples, discount rates, transactions references, DCF modelling.
- You will estimate fair market value / arm’s length nature of contributions, internal disposals (assets deals or shares deals) or mergers.
- You will document values for internal purposes or tax authorities / ruling commission as well as for transfer pricing purposes.
- You will get more experience in financial modelling to simulate financial plans and scenario planning, value chain modifications, debt capacity modelling.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor / Master in (applied) economics, commercial engineering
Chartered Financial Analyst is a plus and should be considered as additional courses while joining us
- You have 3 to 4 years of relevant experience as a Financial Analyst in a Corporate Finance firm (like Big 4), in an in-house Corporate Finance department or in large corporates, investment firms (private equity) or banks
-Expertise in option pricing and valuation of management incentive plans (ex. stock options, ratchet shares) is a plus.
- Reuters, Eikon, Bloomberg databases have few secrets for you
- You are at ease with new technologies and modelling skills, as well as Excel, Tableau, Power-Bi and Alteryx.
What we offer
An environment where you will be encouraged to take your expertise to the next level
A workspace where everyone feels respected, valued and free to be themselves
Inspiring and awesome colleagues
Team events such as team-building days, celebrations and specialist knowledge events
Forward-looking and very accessible leadership hosting inspirational lunches
An extensive health programme with an online platform and various challenges, yoga and pilates, flu vaccinations, sports communities and mental resilience workshops
A flexible working schedule including homeworking and various holiday schemes
An interesting salary and benefits package, including health and group insurance and Teddy care (nursing service when your child is ill)
And much more!