Library & Memory Design Engineer
What you will do
You will participate in the activities of a team of analog, library and memory designers and analog layout engineers. The team is creating and supporting imec's own Design Against Radiation Effects (DARE) solutions in co-operation with the European Space Agency.
Your responsibilities are:
* Perform standard cell library design and layout from specification to documentation according to the imec rad-hard development flow
* Support the team's analog design and layout activities from a library and memory perspective
* Contribute actively to design review meetings
* Keep yourself up-to-date with the state-of-the-art in library development flows and tools
What we do for you
Imec is not only one of the world's leading nanotechnology research organizations, but is also one of the most advanced and comprehensive design services partners. Imec's IC-link division has an extensive industrial experience that makes it a trusted partner to provide technical support in the areas of layout, prototyping, fabrication, and the testing of advanced electronic products. Imec IC-link's full custom analog and library design team is supporting internal research groups and external customers with library design and analog implementation services and is developing radiation hardened IC building blocks for use in a.o. space missions and high-energy physics experiments.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
* You have a Master's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
* You are enthusiastic for working in a service environment and contributing to our customer's goals.
* This position requires a good understanding of CMOS technologies as well as the basic analog design flow including schematic design, simulation with parasitics and full custom layout. Understanding of the digital-on-top implementation flow is greatly desired. Knowledge of radiation effects on semiconductors and mitigation techniques is an asset. Knowledge on library and/or memory design and characterization is a plus.
* We are looking for a self-motivated and self-organized junior designer to join an exciting and growing team. The imec environment requires a flexible and enthusiastic team player with competent communication and reporting skills. The day-to-day contact with people from all over the world makes fluency in English a necessity, both written and spoken.
Apply for this job
Share this on
stay up to date
Don't miss out on new job opportunities
Receive new job opportunities
Follow imec on:
Nederlands | English
CMOS and beyond CMOSImage sensors and vision systemsSilicon photonicsThin-film flexible electronicsLife sciencesWearablesPhotovoltaics
GaNSensor solutions for IoTWireless IoT communicationRadar sensing systemsSolid state batteriesData science and data securityLife sciences 2018
What we offer