Legal Director - Oncology/Haematology
Locations: Diegem, Belgium
Functions: Corporate Law
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905723443W
The Legal Director - Oncology & Haematology will provide a broad range of legal services, support and counselling at a strategic level to the Janssen EMEA organisation, dealing with a complex and broad variety of issues. The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are a leader in the development and commercialization of prescription drugs in disease areas such as Haematology, Oncology, Immunology, Infectious Diseases and Vaccines, Neuroscience and Pulmonary Hypertension. Our solid Oncology/Haematology portfolio covers therapeutic alternatives for the treatment of prostate cancer, multiple myloma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, mantle cell lymphoma and other B-cell malignancies, amongst others. The Janssen EMEA organisation is responsible for bringing innovative treatment for serious unmet medical need to patients.
The Legal Director will report into the Legal Director European Strategic Organisation (ESO) and will provide counsel on a broad array of topics and to a broad array of groups and departments, in particular:
* provide legal support and advice to several Integrated Brand Value Teams (IBVT) in Oncology and Hematology
* anticipate and advise together with the relevant legal colleagues as well on a product portfolio level, as on a product level, in a broad range of legal fields (commercial law and contracts, competition law, corporate law, market access, IP and licensing, privacy, regulatory law, ..) and on a broad range of commercial and strategic matters within the Oncology/Haematology franchise
* counseling and partnering with the business on projects and initiatives developed by regional and functional groups, eg. patient Support Programs, Value Based Healthcare, Real World Evidence and Digital Initiatives
* contract drafting; coordinate TA- related litigation cross region and collaborate with local legal teams and outside counsel as required
* provide regular legal trainings on a broad range of legal and contractual matters
* participate actively in external environment & policy-related work related to the Oncology/Haematology Therapeutic Area
* interact, share knowledge and work effectively in different teams with colleagues from the law department
The position is based in Diegem (Belgium). He/she will be part of a team of approximately 120 J&J lawyers in EMEA. The position may require some travel abroad as and when the occasion demands.
* A Law degree obtained in Europe with excellent results is required; supplementary degree or LLM abroad is considered an asset.
* A minimum of 10 years experience in legal work is required.
* Experience in the healthcare industry (preferably pharmaceutical products), including experience working in a dynamic and challenging international environment, either through an international law firm and/or a legal department of an international corporation is an asset.
Johnson & Johnson NCB (7547)