Diegem, Brabant, Belgium
* Additional Location(s)
* Area of Interest
* Job Type
* Technology Interest
* Job Id
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include but won't be limited to:
* Draft, negotiate and process contracts with Cisco customers. Agreement types include among others: direct sale, RFP/RFIs, resale, nondisclosure, software license/sublicense, evaluation, cloud contracts, XaaS, flexible consumption models, dispute settlements and alliance agreements. Named Service Provider customers will be assigned in addition to regional responsibility (focus will be on the Nordic countries).
* Provide advice and contract interpretation to Cisco senior management on the provisions of specific agreements as well as legal issues that might impact the business, with a particular focus on the improvement of the Service Provider area of business.
* Secure proper approval on nonstandard legal, financial, technical and business issues raised in contract documents
* Review, analyze and maintain standard contracts and other business documents.
* Participate on and lead departmental and cross-functional teams passionate about continuous process improvement.
* Assure conformity and consistency in the application of Cisco legal and business policies and practices.
* Support the training requirements of client organizations by providing presentations on key legal/contract issues that impact the business.
* Demonstrate very strong skills and competence in European Competition Law and relevant mentorship to the business teams.
* Have strong knowledge of data protection under EU law with particular regard to GDPR requirements, transfer of personal data and negotiating data processing agreements.
* Other duties as assigned.
Who You'll Work With
Would you like to work in a dynamic in-house legal department that is using technology to transform both its own legal department and how the law is practiced around the world?
Can you see yourself negotiating strategic and complex deals with leading technology companies and global service providers, to help Cisco deliver solutions that are truly changing the way we all work, live, play and learn?
Who You Are
* Adaptability. You are comfortable working in a dynamic environment and demonstrate the ability to successfully handle frequent changes in priorities, deadlines, and workload.
* Business/Legal Knowledge. You have direct work experience which provides an understanding of most relevant contracting principles and Cisco business environment and experience applying this knowledge to contracting activities and to find legal creative solutions to problems presented.
* Communication and Influence. You have strong communication skills, including the ability to professionally and concisely communicate (in writing and verbally) complex legal and business issues with senior staff both inside and outside the company.
* Continuous Learning. It is most important that you have a track record demonstrating the capacity and strong desire to learn new things and quickly apply that knowledge to specific tasks. We are looking for well-developed skill levels coupled with an appetite to continue to learn new and improve existing key competencies.
* Critical Thinking. You have a track record of conducting a careful and thoughtful analysis of complex legal and business agreements and the ability to weigh and articulate the risk and reward of various scenarios in a business-friendly manner.
* Organisational Abilities. You have well-developed organizational and prioritization abilities allowing for the smooth and simultaneous management of multiple projects with complex and demanding deadlines.
* Relationship Management. You have successfully operated in a matrix team setting and be able to foster strong relationships with clients, support team members, suppliers, partners and/or customers.
* Detailed knowledge of commercial, contract and business law. Working knowledge of data protection and privacy law, intellectual property and antitrust law. Experience with 'revenue recognition principles' is a plus.
* The ability to read and understand complex contract provisions
* The ability to draft language for inclusion in a broad range of contract types
* Significant direct experience negotiating business transactions including some experience negotiating complex business transactions
* You are able to negotiate and draft contracts in English. The knowledge of another European language is always considered valuable.
General Business skills:
* Concisely and persuasively convey ideas both in writing and verbally
* Understand corporate structure and organization charts
* Negotiate to a specific goal with little supervision
* Being creative and considered as a trusted advisor to the business
* Develop and deliver small and large group presentations
* Operate well in a team environment and act as a lead if required
* Anticipate and be responsive to customer/client requirements
* Read, understand and interpret basic financial reporting
* Identify and handle the flow of key information both up the management chain as well as across the client base
* Manage complex business transactions with little supervision including meeting deadlines, compliance with Cisco process and effective use of Cisco Playbook and other support materials
* Operate efficiently in a highly automated environment heavily dependent on e-enabled tools and communications systems including high proficiency in and effective use of basic desktop applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Influence/build relationships with all levels of management in Cisco
* Have a working knowledge of Cisco's technology and strategic direction
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Share Legal Counsel - General Service Providers - Nordics with Facebook Share Legal Counsel - General Service Providers - Nordics with LinkedIn Share Legal Counsel - General Service Providers - Nordics with Twitter Share Legal Counsel - General Service Providers - Nordics with Google+ Share Legal Counsel - General Service Providers - Nordics with a friend via e-mail