Legal Counsel in Commercial, Administrative and Environmental Law
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
NUC00000425 Requisition #
* you will deal with administrative and environmental law, such as legal issues relating to operating permits, soil remediation, land-use planning (excluding the administrative follow-up of permit applications), contracts concluded with public authorities, especially intermunicipal companies, public procurement, ...
* you will deal with commercial law, e.g. contracts covering purchases of goods or services, corporate contracts (equipment and installations for generating facilities, fuel, operation and maintenance), partnership contracts for the development of renewable energy projects, contracts and liability issues concerning fuel transportation, ...
* you will deal with civil law, such as contracts for the acquisition or sale of real estate, including contracts of sale, acreage, usufruct, concessions, and civil liability issues, ...
* you will deal with corporate law, such as drafting contracts on joint ventures, temporary companies, share sales, ...
* you will deal with nuclear law and energy law
* you will deal with financial law in the context of financing renewable energy projects
* you will deal with law on intellectual property, IT, privacy, ...
Areas of responsibility
* legal counsel
+ to study and evaluate a disputed situation, identifying, raising and anticipating any legal questions that may be asked
+ to interpret the law applicable to the situation. To think up, formulate and recommend a solution by fostering consistency between the various stakeholders, with a view to defending and promoting society's interests
+ to analyse any problems
+ to draft, negotiate and ensure the subsequent monitoring of legal aspects of contracts to defend and promote the company's interests. You will also be called upon to participate in negotiations with co-contractors and public authorities
+ to inform, interpret, communicate and explain legislation, doctrine and case law with a view to keeping abreast of applicable and future legislation
* involvement in the development of legislation
+ to provide support in the context of contacts with the competent authorities in connection with drafting legislation to protect and promote the company's interests. You will also attend work meetings with various professional federations (UWE, VEV, FEB, EDORA and so on)
The Nuclear and Renewable Generation, Procurement & General Affairs Legal Department is responsible for legal issues associated with the construction, operation and maintenance of nuclear power stations and renewable energy facilities in Belgium and Luxembourg that are operated by Electrabel or its subsidiaries, as well as for providing legal assistance in the context of purchases related to these activities and to the general business of Electrabel SA. Other Electrabel subsidiaries, including its nuclear offshoots Synatom, Belgonucléaire and others, also consult the department, as does Laborelec.
* you have a law degree and solid academic qualifications
* you have 3 to 6 years' experience, including 3 years at the bar, and preferably experience in commercial law, administrative law and environmental law; you are also interested in the other aspects of commercial, contract en corporate law
* you are assertive, proactive, pragmatic and solution-oriented
* you can clearly and precisely express and defend positions, both orally and in writing
* you can swiftly identify and deal with key issues and work in a rapidly changing environment
* you enjoy working in a team and sharing your experience
* you are trilingual, mastering both spoken and written French, Dutch and English
* you are interested in and capable of understanding the non-legal (i.e. technical, commercial, financial and strategic) aspects of dossiers, and are interested in working with internal clients who are not legal specialists (often engineers)
* you are proficient in MS Office Word and Powerpoint. Knowledge of MS Office Excel and PowerPoint is an asset
* you subscribe to ENGIE's values (drive, commitment, daring and cohesion)
* you are aware of the issues associated with the energy transition and keen to contribute to the implementation of innovative solutions that can reduce the impact of our energy consumption on the planet
ENGIE Electrabel offers you
* a competitive salary and a range of fringe benefits
* a vast array of training and development opportunities
* priority in the context of internal mobility by first offering vacancies to our employees
* a good balance between work and private life
* a large number of formal and informal networks, thanks primarily to ENGIE, the global public utility services group to which we belong
Your HR contact person
Erwin Schellens - firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace: Boulevard Simón Bolívar 34-36, 1000 Brussels
Industry_ CorporateServices_RegulatoryPublicAffaires_Legal CorporateServices_RegulatoryPublicAffaires_Legal
* Posting Date: Mar 11, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.