Senior Legal Counsel
Locations: Diegem, Belgium
Functions: Corporate Law
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905762449W
This Senior Legal Counsel position is for an attorney within the Business Development Group of the Law Department of Johnson & Johnson. The responsibilities of this Senior Legal Counsel involve advising and representing J&J in a wide variety of corporate transactions across the Pharmaceutical, Consumer and Medical Device sectors.
Transactions may include mergers and acquisitions with both private and publicly traded companies, divestitures of subsidiaries and divisions, asset sales and purchases, joint ventures, co-promotion and other product rights agreements and internal reorganizations. This position primarily supports transactions in the EMEA region, but will also support transactions in other parts of the world on an "as needed" basis.
The preferred location for this position is [Brussels, Belgium], and it will have a direct reporting line to a senior Business Development lawyer at J&J World Headquarters in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
 We could also consider other major centers for the Law Department in EMEA.
* A minimum of a law degree from an internationally or nationally recognized university is required, with all admissions being in good standing, and a post-graduate law degree, such as an LLM, is preferred.
* · Educational and/or work experience in the U.S. or with a U.S. based multinational corporation is preferred.
* · A minimum of 8 years of experience at a top-tier, major market law firm, or in-house legal department of a multinational corporation is required.
* · A candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English, and knowledge of other languages is desirable.
* · Must be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze, structure and negotiate all elements of the transactions described above.
* · A candidate must have strong collaborative skills and the ability to play a variety of roles in a deal, whether leading a transaction or helping to facilitate a portion of a multinational deal.
* · A proven ability to counsel senior management is required.
* · A positive attitude and the ability to work across business functions and cultures with teams across multiple time zones and independently in a fast-paced environment are required.
* · Prior experience with transactions in the life sciences industry (i.e., pharmaceutical, medical device and/or consumer healthcare) and experience with antitrust/competition clearances will be viewed favorably.
* · Must have the ability for moderate travel within EMEA and occasional travel to the U.S. or other regions.
Johnson & Johnson NCB (7547)
Non Operating Companies