Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
TRA00001522 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 150,000 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €65 billion in 2017. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
TRACTEBEL seeks a :
Your tasks will include:
* Proactively advising and supporting operations staff on all matters relating to the identification and optimal management of legal risk, in particular when preparing calls for tenders (including the legal structuring of offers and relationships with partners and subcontractors) and during contract negotiations and management;
* Preparation and participation in Risk Committees;
* Assisting the subsidiaries with the management of legal risks;
* Actively contributing to the development and implementation of Tractebel Engineering's legal policies, processes, standard contracts and trainings;
* Actively contributing to the implementation of applicable compliance procedures;
Management of the corporate housekeeping of the Tractebel Engineering group companies;
* Advising on the choice of and supporting the implementation of the adequate legal structures necessary for implementing projects (branch office, stable establishment, etc.);
* Managing litigation and legal disputes;
* Assistance with respect to M&A activities;
* Evaluating the relevance of calling upon outside lawyers, directing their interventions and controlling legal costs;
* Assistance with the follow-up of insurance matters and the collaboration with the brokers and insurance companies.
* You have a law degree;
* You have 5 years' experience working as an in-house or external lawyer;
* You are trilingual Dutch, French and English;
* You have specific experience in contract law, commercial law, company law and litigation and claims management;
* You have a good understanding of the business issues and are eager to work in an international environment;
* You are pragmatic, flexible and solution-seeking;
* You work well in a team and have excellent communication skills;
* You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are well-organized;
* You have good analytical and synthetical skills;
* You can cope with stress and meet deadlines;
* You are rigorous and professional.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.