Lead Engineer D&D Civil Works
The Nuclear Entity of Tractebel is looking for a :
Lead Engineer D&D Civil Works
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. With more than 60 years of nuclear experience, our high-level engineering and consulting services offer added-value across the full lifecycle of nuclear installations, from design to decommissioning.
The working environment
Our Partner, Electrabel, is preparing and implementing its Decontamination & Decommissioning (D&D) Program that will follow the final shutdown of some of its Nuclear Power Units, both in the Doel and the Tihange sites.
In this D&D Program that will take up a couple of decades to finalize all projects, Tractebel is involved in the Integrated Electrabel/Tractebel project Team and will have an Owner's Engineer role in support of this Integrated Team. Tractebel will therefore assign a number of Lead Engineers D&D, each representing their Competence Centre in this Program.
The Competence Centre "Civil Works and Structural Integrity" seeks a Lead Engineer D&D - Civil Works in order to address this mission in the field of Civil Works.
She/he will be the first line support to the Integrated Team and will act as spokesperson and coordinator between the Integrated Team and the Competence Centre "Civil Works and Structural Integrity". For projects involving multiple Competence Centres, the Lead Engineer will work in a multidisciplinary environment managed by the Fleet D&D Technical Director who then interfaces with the D&D Program.
The Tractebel Civil Works Métiers that typically will be involved under the management of the Lead Engineer are, among others:
- Ageing studies;
- Civil Works Design (feasibility, basic & detailed design studies);
- Construction Management - Electrabel Projects Realisation (drafting of the technical requisition file, construction methodologies, planning & budgeting studies, contract ownership, erection follow-up, ,...) for both new build facilities as well as modifications to existing installations in order to adapt them to fit their new functions;
- Rehabilitation of Industrial Sites, including Asbestos approaches and Conventional Demolition;
- You are a civil construction engineer with more than 10 years of professional experience in an engineering environment, including design assignments and erection follow-up, preferably in an industrial environment;
- You have a proven understanding of the competences in the Civil Works and Structural Integrity department, as well as the other competence centre groups working in close collaboration with this department (Structural Engineering, Geo-Engineering, Rehabilitation of Industrial Sites);
- Eagerness to develop his/her own expertise towards the D&D field;
- You are trilingual English, French & Dutch;
- You have good communication skills, both spoken and written;
- You have good coordination skills;
- You are a born team player - you lead as a "primus inter pares";
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit;
- You have proven ability to interface between the Partner and the Competence Centre;
- You are willing to visit our teams in the Belgian nuclear power plants on a regular basis, as Partner proximity is of utmost importance to us;
- You are willing to join a long term assignment in a challenging (technical, budget, planning, stakeholders,...) environment.
What we offer
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel in Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
- Posting Date: Sep 1, 2020