To support his growth, the “Buildings and Complex structures” Department (GEB) of Tractebel is looking for two “Leed Engineers - Civil and strucutal engineering” for our offices in Gent and Hasselt.
The working environment
The “Buildings and Complex structures” Department is responsible for all the engineering related to the technical design of nearly all kinds of buildings, including tertiary and residential buildings, hospitals, industrial buildings, sport buildings, …. These projects go from the competition up to final commissioning.
The team is involved in a wide range of different projects, in cooperation with the other entities of Tractebel and the ENGIE Group, both in Belgium and internationally.
- You lead, motivate, coach and manage a small project team of monodisciplinary structural engineers and draftsmen for your projects.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the budget, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required. You will make sure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules.
- You report progress for all your projects on a weekly basis.
- You participate in the structural design of your projects.
- You enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved.
- You respond to the wishes and needs of the client.
- You prepare and submit offers and contracts.
- You aim for sustainable and efficient solutions.
- You keep up with the standards, guidelines and new techniques and developments in your discipline and report these to your team members or colleagues.
- You work together with colleagues, external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) and clients in a constructive way.
- You have an international mindset and collaborate with our offices abroad for certain engineering tasks and take the necessary actions to guarantee the required quality.
- As lead engineer you actively promote and establish BIM collaboration procedures according to our company vision where applicable.
- You are a qualified Engineer-Architect or Civil/Structural Engineer holding a Master’s degree as a minimum.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant technical experience with structural engineering projects in designing different types of concrete and steel structures.
- You were involved in all aspects and phases of your projects: competition, design, studies, tender, execution, management,…)
- Expertise in modeling with SCIA Engineer, Buildsoft or equivalent packages.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are a team player.
- You are client-oriented and flexible.
- A thorough knowledge of Dutch and French is essential and your knowledge of English must be good.
- You are prepared to work in our regional offices in Belgium and/or in Client’s site offices.
- You are willing to make international trips for our international collaboration and international projects in mutual agreement.
- Mobility by car is necessary so an international driving license “B” is required
What we offer
An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.