Pfizer is the world’s premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for people. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide.
The Pfizer Clinical Research Unit (PCRU) in Brussels (Anderlecht) is a state-of-the-art research facility with sixty inpatient beds dedicated to early clinical trials (Phase 1 studies). The PCRU is working closely with different departments at Pfizer and collaborates with another research unit based in the USA.
The Safety Lab at the PCRU is looking for a lab Analyst who will perform all routine and special clinical chemistry, haematological, coagulation, and urinalysis, immunological and other tests according to the Standard Operating Procedures and act as trainer for the Lab technicians, as mentor in case of troubleshooting and as SME for any analytical activities during Audit and Inspection. The Lab Analyst will also closely collaborate with the Lab quality Coordinator to continuously improve our Quality Management System and maintain the ISO17025 accreditation.
- Perform any routine test in accordance with our Quality Management System and our SOP’s (system operating procedure). Perform all quality control checks (monitor trends) on instruments, reagents, and techniques, maintain quality control and calibration data. Review of Control Charts : trend analysis, investigation and action to take
- Implement and validate new assays. May assist with assay development. Coordinates with the guidance of the Safety Lab Sr Manager new methods validation and instruments implementation. Support the lab in investigation of feasibility of new biomarkers/safety parameters
- Maintain the inventory of and order laboratory supplies including notifying instrument key operators of upcoming reagent/supply needs. Lead the analytical stock with the different suppliers.
- Instrument Owner: Performs monthly QC report and reviews with Laboratory Quality Coordinator. Maintains reagent and consumable inventory. Performs lot to lot QC comparison and sets QC ranges. Schedules preventative maintenance. Monitors that maintenance is performed. Reviews SOPs regularly for relevance and documents review.
- Assists the Safety Lab Sr Manager with the Laboratory Quality Coordinator and Improvement Plan by identifying pertinent quality goals, plans and procedures for measuring and monitoring quality, procedures for responding to insufficient quality and for improving quality by documentation and development. Implementation of Corrective Actions/ Preventive Actions /Immediate Actions if needed. Close follow up of CAPA and lead the investigation
- Assist the Laboratory Quality Coordinator with preparation for Internal audits and BELAC audits.
Ensure the BELAC Audit with the technical auditors as SME of analytical activitiesMaintain the 6SContinuously improve the analytical processClose collaboration with other departments for continuous improvement
- Will bring any issue of noncompliance to the attention of Lab Quality Coordinator or the Safety Lab Sr Manager and act to rectify the situation.
- Be flexible with the schedule to cover inadvertent times that subjects/volunteers arrive for visits, check-ins, and discharges late.
- Practical aspects: This position is located in Anderlecht. Working hours: standard working hours (39 hours per week) + on-duty
E ducation : Bachelor’s degree Experience : 3+ years' experience as Lab TechnicianTechnical Skills Experience in ML T method validation and testingDetail oriented with Quality systems knowledge (ISO17025 or ISO15189)Knowledge of research unit clinical and analytical Laboratory environmentExcellent effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skillsAbility to work in a team environmentDemonstrate ability and flexibility (regular on-call duty, 24/7) in case of urgency to ensure safety coverage of volunteers/patients and clinical trials Languages : Good written and verbal skills in English, French and Dutch are a plus.
At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives. Pfizer's open-door policy is an integrated part of our culture across all levels of seniority.
Competitive salaries and benefit packages : meal vouchers, DKV hospitalisation, outpatient, dental, pension plan, phone, public transport reimbursement.
Unparalleled opportunities for career growth: trainings, possibilities for internal mobility, temporary assignments…