Lab Project Coordinator
Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for people. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide.
Our Pfizer Clinical Research Unit (PCRU) in Brussels is a state-of-the-art research facility with sixty inpatient beds dedicated to early clinical trials (Phase 1 & 2a studies).
* Coordinates laboratory projects with all customers (organize laboratory project meetings, ensure clarity of laboratory processes) and organizes laboratory project planning and budget
* Reviews Laboratory protocols and provides feasibility assessments on the ability to perform laboratory requirements and procedures
* Develops and setup our laboratory capabilities and competencies required for conducting our laboratory activities in the PCRU BR in due time
* Ensures the Laboratory components of clinical trials are conducted according to the protocol requirement, objectives and timelines
* Ensures that the assigned projects are carried out following GxP, scientific, medical, and ethical principles, within regulatory requirements/guidelines, and standard operating procedures
* Works closely and communicates with all stakeholders (PCRU colleagues & external vendors) for the management of the day to day study activities for immediate & medium/long term problem solving, ensuring that project milestones are met
* Overseeing the collection and documentation of assigned Laboratory study data;
* Performs ongoing & regular quality reviews of our laboratory data for achieving audit-readiness
* Maintains quality processes and SOPs related to assigned projects and assists in continuous process improvement in our laboratory
* Supports the Laboratory planning and schedule aiming to forecast sufficient trained resources upfront Performs other related duties incidental to the work described here in.
* Minimum of a Bachelor Degree (Life Science/Biomedical or Health Care related training)
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in pharmaceutical or medical research
* Thorough understanding and demonstrated proficiency in handling laboratory projects
* Scientific/Clinical Research Knowledge
* Knowledge of research unit clinical & analytical Laboratory environment
* Demonstrated understanding of the complexities and recent developments in Biomarker/exploratory research.
* Ability to challenge existing paradigms in clinical research and to encourage novel designs/ideas and research approaches; to improve study conduct, data capture, retrieval and submission processes
* Working knowledge of computers and laboratory data handling acquisition systems and associated issues/risks
* Good written and verbal skills in English, French and/or Dutch are essential
* Ability to develop budget estimates, justify costs and manage performance against budget
* Ability to communicate in easily understandable language for complicated research principles. Must be able to coach and assist less skilled or inexperienced personnel in the performance of study activities
* Participation in multifunctional, interdepartmental management teams
* Able to lead multi-disciplinary groups; ability to manage projects and motivate colleagues
* Identifies and builds effective relationships with customers and other stakeholders
* Networking: Looks for opportunities for collaboration and acts upon them
* Results oriented
* Change agile
In addition to competitive salaries and customized benefits packages, we offer a supportive and diverse culture and unparalleled career development opportunities.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Belgium - Brussels