Lab Process Engineer (Early/Late Shifts)
What you will do
The lab process engineer will be a member of the Analog-RF Technology team to support the device research activities. You will work closely with our researchers, fab operators as well as the lab process team. Your main responsibilities are to carry out device processing and integration in a lab based environment. You will focus on the fabrication of high performance/proof of concept type of transistors/devices, following pre-defined process steps, stabilizing process flows, troubleshooting process-related issues and maintaining a detailed lab documentation. In addition, you will be able to develop and verify new process steps, flows and modules when necessary.
What we do for you
* We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world's premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you'll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
* We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
* We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
* You have a Master degree in micro-electronics, nano-technology, electrical or chemical engineering with preferably 3 years relevant experience. Young graduates are also encouraged to apply.
* You have hands-on lab experience (internship, master thesis or work experience) and training/knowledge in physical characterization.
* You enjoy the lab ecosystem and working in the lab the biggest part of your time.
* You are challenged by making devices out of non-standard materials.
* You are a communicative team player. You can summarize your work and present the challenges in a convincing and clear way.
* You can think outside of the box and have a flexible mindset.
* Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
Apply for this job
Share this on
stay up to date
Don't miss out on new job opportunities
Receive new job opportunities
Follow imec on:
Nederlands | English
CMOS and beyond CMOSImage sensors and vision systemsSilicon photonicsThin-film flexible electronicsWearablesPhotovoltaicsGaN
Sensor solutions for IoTWireless IoT communicationRadar sensing systemsSolid state batteriesData science and data securityLife sciences
What we offer