Junior Structural Engineer Calculations - Nuclear
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001849 Requisition #
As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services. TRACTEBEL seeks a
Junior Structural Engineer Calculations
In the Business Line Nuclear, you will joint the department « Design and Studies » of the Competence Centre « Civil Works and Structural Integrity ». The department « Design and Studies » is located in Brussels, and has activities within the Engie group in the nuclear power plants of Tihange and Doel, and for external clients working in the nuclear field (IRE, Belgoprocess, etc…).
The daily tasks in Brussels cover a wide variety of civil construction activities, ranging from new-built projects that often run over several years, short-term renovation projects as well as punctual assistance to the Operator. From a technical point of view, you will work with a broad range of disciplines.
* You oversee the design and calculations of nuclear related structures and building subjected to internal and external hazards.
* You perform structural analyses using FEM codes
* You participate actively in the dynamic analysis of nuclear structures and components to various hazards: earthquake, gas explosion, tornado, plane crash accident…
* You participate in the writing of technical specifications (design requirements) and the review of technical documents issued by the Contractor
* You participate in the preparation of offers or the invitation to tender;
* You work in a team of about 10 engineers, in close interaction with Senior Engineers.
* You are a Civil Engineer newly graduated or with 2 years of experience maximum in structural analysis and design (junior profile);
* You already know european and/or international codes and standards (Eurocodes, American Standards such as ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), …);
* You have a first experience in general purpose Finite Element and structural codes (such as SCIA, ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, SAMCEF, ...) for static loads or dynamic loads;
* A first experience in seismic calculation is an asset;
* You are interested to develop expertise in topics such as nuclear structure domain, concrete aging mechanisms, dynamic studies and impact on structures;
* You can communicate in English, French and/or Dutch;
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Apr 8, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.