(Junior/Senior) Advisor Regulatory Affairs - expert technical files at federal level
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Strategy / Lobbying / Regulation
ENG00014429 Requisition #
ENGIE Electrabel is the largest energy company in Belgium, where it also aims to become the energy transition leader. We form part of ENGIE, an international player in the energy world. You have the opportunity to progress within the company and fulfil yourself while meeting new challenges. Our opportunity is unique. It is up to you to seize them, regardless of your educational background. Come on and join us.
The Support Services provide the company with the help and advice it requires in a variety of fields, such as finance, HR, legal expertise, communications and management.
ENGIE Ambition in Benelux
In Belgium and The Netherlands, ENGIE wants to be a key partner in achieving the ambitious climate targets and overall energy transition goals.
Our vision is to be a leader in sustainable, global solutions that make the difference for our customers in energy, services and technical installations.
In this ambition the Belgian Regulatory and Public Affairs team (RAPA team) has a key role to play
The RAPA team is responsible for devising and implementing the vision and strategy in respect of the regulatory and public affairs activities within ENGIE Benelux. This includes:
* striving for an enabling regulatory and legal environment allowing ENGIE to realise its energy and services strategy in Belgium
* defending the ENGIE-interests in a collaborative, constructive, future oriented and transparent way
* working closely with the internal and external stakeholders and integrating their expectations and priorities
* you follow up, analyse, assess and interpret changes in Federal laws and regulations impacting the energy sector in Belgium
* you disseminate and communicate the relevant regulatory information to all stakeholders (internal and external) concerned with a view to ensuring compliance with legislation
* you represent and advocate the interests and positions of ENGIE in BeLux geographical area with various stakeholders with regard to federal matters (security of supply, large infrastructures in generation, transmission and storage, improvement of gas/power market functioning and market design, nuclear generation and fuel cycle,…). The principal stakeholders in this context are Febeg, SPF/FOD Energy, CREG, ELIA,...
* you follow up on cases that have a direct or indirect impact on the company
* you actively deliver input to the various forums, meetings, and conferences by way of written and verbal communications
* you prepare and participate in lobbying activities from the industry associations (FEBEG, EURELECTRIC) or directly for ENGIE in BeLux geographical area in order to influence the regulatory and policy framework, always with the company's interests in mind
* you align positions and views ahead of time together with our internal stakeholders
* you maintain and expand an internal and external network
* you promote the exchange of information by organising structural meetings
* you build a network within the different ENGIE business units with the emphasis on information sharing and collaboration
* you serve as the point of contact for regulators and authorities (general queries or specific case-related queries) at Federal level
* you contribute to the smooth operation of the department, by, amongst other things, completing the weekly facts overview and to actively contribute to team meetings
* you make available expertise and experience to colleagues in a transparent and collaborative spirit
* you support the business in order to ensure a correct implementation
* in addition, you will also be required to develop and build an expertise in energy-related technical matters, a.o.:
+ support and facilitate the business with the enrolment of new non-existing products or large projects
+ participate in various meetings organized by the TSO regarding the implementation of network codes, the evolution of the Belgian grid, the challenges on balancing markets (ancillary products, strategic reserves, balancing products,...). This will require to follow up on changes related to the Belgian electricity high voltage grid and defend ENGIE interests
+ follow up on changes regarding the creation of a regional integrated electricity market. Defend the overall ENGIE position and consider the specificities regarding the Belgian production fleet, and the various activities from ENGIE (thermal, nuclear, renewables, demand response, supplier interests)
+ follow up on the way the TSO is managing its electricity grid
* you will report to the head of RAPA Federal Affairs & Economic Studies
* you hold a university degree, ideally as a civil or business engineer
* you have a strong interest in wholesale energy markets and master key technical concepts (key principles of power optimization, power plant and transmission system operation)
* you have been serving within the energy sector for a few years already, ideally with a focus on wholesale market functioning and potentially having experience within thermal Generation; or an experience in an expertise or study center on such topics
* you have a good understanding of the way the energy market operates (e.g. familiar with market design)
* you are naturally extravert and are ready to defend the interest of ENGIE in external forums and start public speaking
* you are a native French or Dutch speaker, with a solid command of Dutch or French and a good working knowledge of English
* you take a keen interest in the Belgian energy and political/regulatory world and the various players operating in these fields
* you have persuasive communication skills, a sense of diplomacy with a good dose of assertiveness
* you are capable of writing up position papers whereby a position adopted by the company is thoroughly underpinned
* you have strong analytical and summarizing skills
* you have strong networking skills (internally and externally), are able to maintain long-term relations and are keen to actively represent ENGIE Electrabel
* solution-oriented approach and positive mindset
ENGIE Electrabel offers you
* a highly competitive salary & fringe benefits package
* a wide range of training & development opportunities
* a priority to internal mobility by first presenting new vacancies to our employees
* a healthy work/life balance is considered as important
* a wide range of formal and informal networks, a.o. due to ENGIE, the worldwide utilities Group we are part of
Your HR contact person
Gavin Johnston - +32 2 213 52 67
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.