Junior Risk Valuation Modeller - Financial Services Industry (190000JW)
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Risk Advisory practice is a global leader in helping clients manage risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network. We provide a broad array of services that allow our clients around the world to better measure, manage and control risk to enhance the reliability of systems and processes throughout their organization.
You will be part of a dynamic team that draws together specialist knowledge and experience in the Financial Services Industry. Our professionals are focusing on actuarial & insurance advisory, financial risk management, quantitative advisory, and implementation of new financial sector regulation.
This includes topics such as credit risk modeling, market risk modeling, valuation of financial instruments including derivatives, Solvency II and Basel III implementation work, actuarial services, model validation, and the optimization of the risk function.
Your role within our team:
* Under the supervision and review of a more experienced staff member: develop or review clients financial and non-financial risk models, assist with the valuation of financial instruments, develop internal tools and financial risk models, and assist with various risk assessments and implementation projects.
* You will be part of a team servicing our clients and must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* You should have knowledge of the theory, standard, and principles of quantitative analysis and their application to client situations.
* You will keep the person in charge fully informed of progress on assignments.
* Have a Master's Degree in quantitative fields such as, but not limited to, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering;
* Have practical experience and good knowledge of quantitative techniques, statistical model development and data analytics;
* Have practical experience and good knowledge of one or more software programs for statistical data analysis such as SQL, Python, R, Matlab and/or SAS, as well as working proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
* Show a keen interest in the financial sector and a strong desire to continue developing and integrating quantitative skills, both internally and for our clients;
* As a consultant, it is important that you demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness in adapting to client situations.
* Have good communication skills, both oral and written
* Be fluent in Dutch or French, and show working proficiency in English
* The possibility to work with an engaged team of Financial Services Industry experts (financial risk consultants, actuaries, business process experts, regulatory consultants, …)
* Access to the Deloitte national and international network of subject matter experts, supporting your personal learning and development
* The opportunity to work on both small risk projects as well as large-scale (national or international) projects;
* A challenging, innovating environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged
* A people-focused culture of continuous learning and coaching
* An attractive and competitive salary package with fringe benefits.
* Real career opportunities.
: Risk Advisory
: Risk Advisory