Junior Project Engineer Demolition - Urban
Belgium, Limbourg, Hasselt
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001922 Requisition #
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
Tractebel seeks 2
Junior Project Engineers Demolition
The working environment
The activities of 'Rehabilitation of Industrial Sites' (RIS), in which you will be active, focuses primarily on complex demolition assignments, both in a national and international context. It includes conducting studies and following up the works to be carried out concerning the demolition of power plants and industrial installations, waste management, soil and groundwater remediation and asbestos removal. Furthermore, RIS is actively involved in the redevelopment of brownfield sites in which all these activities are integrated in a wider context.
In order to support the development of our activities, we are looking for young engineers with interest in the demolition sector and who are eager to quickly develop themselves towards a project management position. You will be fully trained and supervised by a senior Project Manager which will allows you to gain responsibilities within a short amount of time.
You will be based in Hasselt.
Thinking along and working out the implementation of (selective) demolition assignments, including asbestos removal, while preserving historically and architecturally important parts of the buildings;
Performing preparatory studies that precede the demolition work;
Follow up and supervise the execution of demolition work;
Participate in integrated multidisciplinary teams for remediation and redevelopment of highly contaminated industrial sites;
* You will also be involved in project management and monitor the different aspects of it: planning, budgeting, safety,.. as well as the technical quality of the project;
* You will also have the chance to jointly be responsible for the further expansion of the sub-product 'Demolition' (business development, expansion of the team, …)
* You have a Master Degree in Engineering, preferably in the construction sector
* You have at least two years of experience in construction or infrastructure projects
* You are dynamic and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* You are a team player and you aim at meeting the client's expectations
* You have strong analytical skills and you can switch from helicopter view to focus on the details
* You have a sense of initiative and you are willing to take on responsibilities
* You are a good organizer and are flexible
* You are fluent in French or Dutch and have a very good level in English. The knowledge of the second language is considered a plus.
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: May 27, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.