ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 280 highly specialised engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 D's - decentralisation, decarbonisation and digitalisation.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralised or decentralised, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SME's, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialised expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialised services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
One of the most important tasks of the Laborelec Competence Centre & Laboratories Department involves performing non-destructive tests (NDTs) to check the critical components of nuclear power plants and conventional thermal power stations among others with a view to detecting and monitoring damage phenomena at a very early stage.
We perform certain specific tests ourselves but in some situations our department observes and qualifies the NDT programmes offered by other specialist companies. In some cases we develop new and innovative inspection techniques ourselves for niche applications. A high degree of expertise in damage phenomena, materials science and the NDT techniques themselves is always essential.
Our team performs the following tasks (in order):
* monitoring the quality control of NDT inspections carried out by third parties (around 60%), mainly for larger (nuclear) power plants;
* researching, at the customer's request, new developments in techniques and the testing of certain applications using both conventional NDT methods and alternative techniques such as hyperspectral imaging, thermography, radar and so on, always for industrial applications (around 15%);
* developing our own inspection techniques for very specific niche applications (around 15%);
* assisting with RCAs, whether on site, in our laboratory or elsewhere (around 10%).
Junior expert Non-destructive Testing
As a Junior expert Non-Destructive Testing, you will be trained and participate in all the above tasks to a greater or lesser extent for both projects relating to nuclear power plants in Belgium, and national and international assignments for conventional power plants or renewable energy parks.
The training will be covered by trainings, self-learning, mentoring, and shadowing.
We are looking for a team player able to learn on its own, who is not afraid to share his/her point of vue, accepts new challenges and involve himself in solving NDT issues.
* You have minimum a bachelor degree or equivalent with a maximum of 2 years experience. A specialization as a welding engineer or a QA/QC experience is a plus.
* You are willing to develop an career as an NDT Expert
* You are curious and you want to understand the physics behind techniques.
* You have a strong technical affinity and like to know how things work.
* You are organized and able to work with precision
* You have good analytical skills, are pragmatic.
* You are articulate and assertive.
* You can manage your tasks independently and are punctual and able to cope with stress.
* You are a team player who naturally shares knowledge and experience with colleagues and asks for help when appropriate.
* You are creative and critical and enjoy solving new problems with a view to helping the customer.
* You are fluent in English and French or Dutch, with a willingness to improve.
* You are flexible and willing to travel to perform work on site (frequent trips to nuclear sites in Belgium and a few trips abroad lasting around one to two weeks).
ENGIE Laborelec offers you:
* An exciting career in a leading research and competence center, with prospects within ENGIE, the international energy player of which we are apart
* A competitive salary supplemented with many benefits
* A healthy work/life balance
Your HR contact person
Damien Colmant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace: ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
* Posting Date: Oct 9, 2019