Career Opportunities: Junior Digital Architect (Java) (45242)
Req Id 45242 - Posted 06/11/2018 - Telenet - Belgium - Mechelen - Functional Area (1) - Full Time / Part Time (1) - Job Level (1)
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Goesting in een nieuwe Job?
Junior Digital Architect (JAVA)
We are looking for passionate IT architects that can join us to support us in our digital transformation. Engaging with customers through digital channels is the new normal and Telenet aims to transform our business processes & IT applications to become a truly digital first player. To that end, we need passionate and savvy software engineers, to design the applications of the future.
As an architect you are actively contributing to innovation within Telenet, for instance by developing proof of concepts (e.g. in the context of Big Data, Social, Bitcoin, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Internet Of Things, Mobile etc…). And, as Telenet is part of a bigger international group (Liberty Global), you will regularly get the chance to exchange ideas/solutions/innovations with the broader group as well.
If this sounds like a nice proposition, here's what you should have in store for us, and what we will have in store for you…
* You participate in digital projects where you define the architectural impact & technical solution design using innovative technologies. You guide the projects towards the most optimal solution in line with the IT Masterplan.
* You communicate architectural & technical choices to all stakeholders in the project, including senior management. You engage with the business and with the more technical teams to explain your solution.
* Technology watch: You are encouraged to introduce new technologies where applicable, build new proof of concepts and introduce new approaches to solve complex IT problems.
* You are responsible for maintaining the architectural landscape documentation within your domain. You introduce new technologies where relevant and coach the development teams in best practices.
* Always think and reason from a customer's perspective.
* Clear Communication: You're either a good communicator towards different types of stakeholders, or have the ambition to grow in this area. Fluent in English and Dutch (or good understanding).
* Pragmatic: You are pragmatic in your approach. You use the right techniques to provide the needed quality and detail, while avoiding overly complex solutions.
* Empathy & Team: You have tons of empathy and have a fresh, unbiased open mind. You are a team player with responsibility and ability to work autonomously.
* Experience & Degree: Prior working experience as a technical architect or lead developer is a plus. Master in computer science or equivalent by experience.
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend's email address:
Maximum character limit: 1000
*Confirm you are not a robot: