SCK•CEN is one of the largest research institutions in Belgium. Every day, more than 700 employees dedicate themselves to developing peaceful applications of radioactivity. Our developments have already resulted in a long list of innovative and forward-looking applications for the medical world, industry and the energy sector. We are renowned for our expertise world-wide.
In the course of our work, there are three main research topics:
- The safety of nuclear installations
- The well-considered management of radioactive waste
- Human and environmental protection against ionising radiation
SCK•CEN collaborates with numerous research partners both at home and abroad.
The work performed by SCK•CEN has a direct effect upon various aspects of our daily life. Besides our work as a research centre, we also organise training courses and offer specialist services including consultancy.
Description of the job:
The (Junior) Business Developer is in charge of various analysis (market analysis, costing, resources availability, cost/benefits….) in order to build robust business plans for new markets as well as for new investments to support market demands. He/she is also in charge of preparing and presenting corresponding dossiers to the relevant management (Institute Directors, Management Committee,…).
The Business Development Advisor reports to the Head of Commercial and Marketing. She/he will then:
• Conduct market analysis in SCK•CEN development area in order to provide required input for relevant business plans;
• Help structuring the offers of SCK•CEN and participate in the pricing of the offered services and supplies;
• Identify required datasets and information in order to build robust business plans taking into account the specific R&D and nuclear dimensions of SCK•CEN activities (e.g. safety, radioprotection, non-proliferation, dual use trade control, confidentiality…);
• Write and assess business plan for projects ranging from a few tens of k€ to a few tens of M€;
• Gather market intelligence to have an accurate understanding of market dynamics in order to adjust offering and support marketing efforts;
• In collaboration with scientific experts, assess value creation of new products and services and how to capture this value;
• Track and update on a regular basis the various products and services that SCK•CEN can offer;
• Develop and maintain an active network of customers and (potential) partners as well as participating in relevant industrial associations;
• Attend and organize participation of SCK•CEN to trade shows, conferences, seminaries and congresses relevant for business development activities.
• You have a university degree in sciences or applied sciences (preferably with a subsequent MBA) or in economical engineering;
• You have at least 3 years of experience in international business development related to the sales and/or distribution of technological goods/services to large industrial or institutional entities;
• Knowledge of nuclear energy and/or ionising radiations and/or contract R&D is an asset;
• You have relevant experience in writing business plans and performing market analysis for products and services having a value from several thousands to several hundreds thousands of euros;
• You are fluent in English and have a good command of Dutch and French (or you are committed to acquire it);
• You are flexible and willing to travel for limited period of time mainly in Europe and on an infrequent basis possibly in the rest of the world;
• You are keen to work in a scientifically driven environment;
• You have an analytical mindset with attention to details, you have good communication and inter-personal skills;
• You are customer oriented and have negotiation skills; you are not afraid to be autonomous and take initiatives while being a strong team player;
• You are ready to work in Mol, in a secured environment, on projects dealing with pacific use of ionizing radiations.
What can we offer you?
- A challenging and varied job
- Opportunities for self-development in an absorbing, international research environment
- Extensive training opportunities within and outside your area of expertise
- An attractive remuneration package with non-statutory benefits
- Located in wooded area to ensure you a traffic jam free environment