Junior Analyst - Energy Strategy
Belgium, Brussels, Brussels
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001941 Requisition #
Junior Analyst - Energy Strategy
TRACTEBEL-ENGIE's mission is to build the world of tomorrow by offering its clients leading and tailor-made engineering and consulting services in the fields of energy, water and infrastructure. Moreover, Tractebel-Engie wants to play an active role in the world we live in by developing solutions that reduce the impacts on the climate and bring electricity to all.
Within Tractebel Advisory & Advanced Analytics (T3A), the Advanced Analytics department offers a wide range of expertise: Optimization Bucket Identification, Operation Research (model-based optimization), Machine Learning (data-based optimization, artificial intelligence), Data Visualization (unlocking the value generated for the customer).
Tractebel Advisory is specialized in technical and economical optimization, aiming to offer a direct impact on the financial balance of our customers: Predictive maintenance (Wind, Solar, Hydro Production, Industry ...), urban networks of heat and cold, electricity transmission and distribution networks, optimization of smart grids (smart grids taking into account electric vehicles and mobility), optimization of the commercial fleet, storage of gas, energy trading, etc.
T3A works in project mode throughout the entire value chain, from understanding customer's needs to industrialization at the customer.
Tractebel Advisory & Advanced Analytics is now becoming ENGIE Impact !
Under the lead of a Chief Analyst, or a Project Manager, the (Junior) Analyst is instrumental in developing, organizing and delivering the agreed market, strategic and techno-economic analyses requested by the business entities. Together with the team, and in good intelligence with all the stakeholders, he/she shall provide high level added-value consulting services in the following domains:
STRATEGIC AND PROSPECTIVE STUDIES & EMERGING BUSINESS MODELS
* Analyses evolutions in the energy sector, particularly linked to renewable and decentralized energy generation technologies, electric mobility, smart EV charging, energy and heat storage, biofuels, energy efficiency in buildings, market potential for digital developments (o.a. IoT) in energy applications, etc
* Analyses the market and competitive environment: positioning of actors, competitive landscape and new business models. You are able to put this in a geographical context and are capable of assessing the market potential for new applications, products and technologies, as well as to propose the market entry strategy
* Together with the team, you propose and develop innovative business models to be deployed for new products and services
* Contributes to the elaboration of the economic side of business plans of potential strategic moves, commitment files or transactions across the whole value chain and sheds light on the market risks (commodity, technological, operational, strategic) they bear.
* Carries out simulation-based techno-economic assessment of specific applications (e.g. Prosumer applications in B2C, B2B and Industry, Microgrids, energy storage, smart EV charging, Hybrid products with RES and integrated Storage, etc. )
* Contributes to the specification of simulation, optimization and data analytics tools to assess and deploy innovative energy system applications
* Defines masterplans/roadmaps to support clients (utilities, industrials, public authorities) in their transition to a more efficient and sustainable energy use.
* You have a university degree in (business) engineering, mathematics or (business) economics
* You have a basic understanding of the economics and financial fundamentals of the energy business
* You have 1 to 3 years of industry and/or consulting experience in a quantitative analytical role
* You are familiar with data analytics software and simulation models widely used in the energy industry
* You are able to structure quantitative analysis, translate them into strategic insights and present the conclusions to middle or senior management
* You want to closely and actively team up with operational business entities
* You are keen to work in a forward-looking and intellectually challenging environment
* You have a good team spirit and communication skills
* You comfortably work in cross-functional and multi-cultural organizations
* You are fluent in English and one of the languages spoken in Belgium; the knowledge of other languages is an asset.
* Motivated by the ambition of ENGIE Impact to provide strategic consultancy in sustainability for clients in order to help them reach decarbonization objectives
* Geographically mobile occasionally for short missions all over the world.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment at the forefront of the strategy of the ENGIE Group via ENGIE Impact.
* A boost in professional growth and development via Tractebel School and ENGIE University.
* An attractive compensation package guaranteed by our Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
* Office location : Brussels
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Jun 7, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.