ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution.
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
ENGIE Impact Sustainability Solutions teams, based in Brussels and specialized in energy economics, help external clients and ENGIE Group's functional and operational entities to better understand and manage their strategic or operational challenges related to energy economics in an increasingly complex and uncertain environment.
Under the lead of a Senior Consultant or a Project Manager, the Junior Analyst is instrumental in developing, organizing and delivering the agreed economic analyses requested by the business entities or external parties. Together with the team, and in good intelligence with all the stakeholders, he/she shall:
* Improve and substantiate the understanding of market fundamentals for electricity and advise corporate strategy and the Business Units on these topics.
* Support market analysis activities and market modeling for countries where ENGIE is involved or for external clients.
* Contribute to the regular provision of market price references and maintain the documentation of the assumptions thereof.
* Build expertise in various power sector simulation techniques : long term capacity expansion models, detailed unit-commitment and dispatch models and stochastic approaches.
* Contribute to risk analyses for large investment projects.
* Actively cross-breed with his/her peers across the company on all the aforementioned topics.
* Master Degree in Engineering or Economics.
* Experience in, and/or affinity with, Energy sector & Consulting.
* English is mandatory. Other languages are an advantage.
* Good knowledge of micro-economics and/or engineering of power systems.
* Knowledge of optimization, mathematical modelling is an asset.
* Proficiency with MS Tools (Excel, Powerpoint).
* Exposure to programming environments (Matlab, GAMS, R, python, etc).
* Very good analytical skills.
* Team spirit.
* Very good communication skills, oral and written.
* An innovative working environment (NWOW) with a real flexibility.
* A career in an international group, which is an active player in the zero-carbon transition and encourages innovation.
* A stable permanent position in an internationally reputed company with room for personal and professional development.
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
ENGIE Impact welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Nov 4, 2019