JAVA/J2EE, SQL, IS Tester (QA Mngr, 1888, M5)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For the EU Commission in Brussels we are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
NATURE OF THE TASKS
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for:
* Elaboration and maintenance of IS quality control procedures
* Provision of quality plans and service level agreements,
* IS Quality control and evaluation
* Provision of quality studies, quality assessments or other quality matters associated with information system projects
* Definition, elaboration and management of quality tests
* Advice on quality improvements
* Assistance in the implementation of project management methodology
* Risk analysis
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The Quality Assurance Manager must be familiar with and have previous experience in doing the type of work described in this document, including the required seniority and analytical skills.
Furthermore, the Quality Assurance Manager is expected to hold the following knowledge and skills:
* Good knowledge of IS quality assurance and quality control practices
* Good experience with quality procedures
* Good knowledge of the CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)
* Good knowledge of testing methodologies and tools
* Good knowledge of information systems lifecycle
* Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g. RUP, Agile)
* Capable to communicate effectively with different actors involved (testers, developers, management etc.)
* Strong capacity in preparing and writing studies
* Strong capacity to give high level presentations.
* Ability to apply high quality standards
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, excellent communicator
* Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment.
The role requires some technical expertise:
* Working on back-office integration projects
* Good knowledge of software development processes and release management.
* Very good working knowledge in at least two of the following technical areas: JAVA/J2EE, SQL, Soap based webservices, REST.
* Programmer background and knowledge of relational database management systems, RUP, and UML will be assets.
* Knowledge of XML technologies and tools.
* Professional experience with SoapUI, Selenium, JIRA.
The ideal candidate is autonomous, a team player, rigorous, problem solving and quality oriented and pragmatic.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/DIGIT/2280
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Business Unit European Commission DIGIT TM
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 17 October, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address