Java EE 7 Application Architect (2104, M5)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For the EU Commission in Brussels we are looking for an Application Architect with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
Description of tasks
* Design, implementation and maintenance of software components for web-based applications;
* Design and development of architecture components and building blocks;
* Analysis and development of the integration of different information systems;
* Review of the architecture of existing systems;
* Data analysis and data modelling;
* Participate to requirements analysis, prototyping, definition and integration of technological components;
* Production of software architecture documents;
* Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users;
* Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
* Good knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture;
* Good knowledge of web applications design using Java technologies;
* Good knowledge of modelling tools;
* Good knowledge of Relational DBMS, especially Oracle;
* Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service bus);
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills;
* Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment.
* Java EE 7;
* Java tools and frameworks: Spring data 1.13.x, Spring 4.x, Spring Security 4.x, Hibernate 2.x,
* IntelliJ or Eclipse;
* Web services (SOAP, REST);
* Java Message Service (Queues and Topics);
* Oracle RDBMS 12.x;
* WebLogic server 12.x;
* Junit 4.x;
* XML, XSLT, XPath, etc.;
* Analysis of requirements, drafting of analysis deliverables, UML modelling, and prototyping.
* Continuous integration: Bamboo, SonarQube, Maven, or similar;
* Hands-on experience with Sparx Enterprise Architect tool;
* SCRUM framework.
Working language is English. A very good command of the English language is mandatory.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/DIGIT/2977
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Business Unit European Commission DIGIT TM
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 06 November, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address