Application Developer Java (3458, M5)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our Customer, a European Institution we are looking for an Application Developer.
The Application Developer may work on different Java projects managed by the Information Systems for Growth unit.
Nature of tasks:
* Development and maintenance of software applications
* Development and integration of technological components
* Implementation of user requirements
* Elaboration of test programs
* Integration with other applications
* Writing of technical documentation
* Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system
* Participation in meetings with the project teams.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
* Good knowledge of application development environments
* Good knowledge of the design and development of web and multi-tier applications
* Good knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. UML)
* Knowledge about responsive, multi-device development (e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone)
* Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g. RUP, AGILE)
* Knowledge of relational database systems
* Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, ease of communication
* Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment.
* Minimum 4 years of IT professional experience
* Minimum 4 years' experience in development of information systems with Java
* Minimum 2 years' experience with UML or CASE tools
* Good experience with relational databases
* Good experience with web application development
* Minimum 4 years' experience in design of information systems
* Minimum 4 years' experience in Java (both with J2SE and J2EE);
* Minimum 2 years' experience in developing secure web applications
* Minimum 1 years' experience in Apache Maven or equivalent;
* Minimum 2 years' experience in Object Oriented design patterns e.g. Aspect-Oriented Programming (AOP);
* Minimum 2 years' experience in developing Webservices (SOAP and REST)
* Minimum 2 years' experience in Testing Frameworks (JUnit, DbUnit, Spock, ...);
* Minimum 2 years' experience in relational databases (Oracle, MySQL..)
* Minimum 1 years' experience in the development of graphical user interfaces
* Minimum 1 years' experience in the Spring Web model-view-controller (MVC) framework;
* Minimum 2 years' experience in other web Application frameworks (e.g. ZK, Spring)
* Minimum 1 years' experience in development of web services and/or other solutions for interoperability of information systems.
* Minimum 1 years' experience with version control systems
* Minimum 1 years' experience with JIRA and GIT would be an advantage
* Ability to work in a team
* Ability to analyse complex documents
* Ability to follow and interpret Internal procedures and standards
* Ability to work with imposed deadlines
* Ability to work independently on specific tasks while at the same time functioning as a member of a project team.
* Fluent in English and/or French
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B019/DIGIT/4747
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 04 May, 2019
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 04 April, 2019
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address