Java and J2EE Technology Expert (TEX, 2855, M2)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our Customer, a European Institution we are looking for a Technology Expert with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
Description of tasks
* Provision of expert advice and assistance, technology watch, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices in database management systems, Java Enterprise technology, enterprise & web content management, XML, interoperability, etc.;
* Data analysis and data modelling;
* Development and maintenance of software applications;
* Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements;
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, very good communication skills;
* Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment.
Required specific expertise:
* HTML5, CSS;
* Angular, Bootstrap, PrimeNG and/or Font Awesome;
* Web services (WSDL, SOAP, REST, etc.);
Expertise in the following domains would be an asset:
* Java and J2EE technologies;
* WebSockets in Angular.
* eUI framework;
* Visual Studio Code.
Working language is English. A very good command of the English language is mandatory.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/DIGIT/3967
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 13 December, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address