Engineer (Information Systems)
Engineer (Information Systems)-190744
NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 5,467.45Euro (EUR) Monthly
NATO offers you more than a job. It gives you a mission: building peace and security for one billion people in Europe and North America. The NATO Communications & Information Agency is leading NATO's Digital Endeavour. We are NATO's technology and cyber leaders, helping NATO Nations to communicate and work together in smarter ways. Our work is challenging and meaningful, and you will develop and apply your expertise as part of a dynamic international team of civilian and military professionals. Come and be part of the most successful alliance in history.
NCI Agency CIS Support Unit (CSU) Mons, located in Mons (BE) enables end-to-end CIS services as it maintains and supports a range of CIS capabilities during peacetime, crisis and war throughout its allocated Area of Responsibility (AOR) and as otherwise directed as specified in the extant SHAPE Service Level Agreement (SLA).
The Service Management Branch (SMB) supports the Agency's Demand Management (DM), Operations Centre, and Service Lines and is responsible for liaison with all NCI Agency customers in the CSU's AOR and supports the Commander CSU in the role as NCI Agency representative and provides a single entry point for customers. SMB contributes and/or conducts monitoring and measurement of customer satisfaction. SMB supports the management of all agreements concerning Service Provision, Operations and Exercises within the CSU AOR. SMB supports Service Lines in the implementation and improvement of service management processes. This branch directs, co-ordinates and supervises all activities of CSU's assigned resources in support of Exercises, Operations, Plans, Requirements, Project and Service Management. SMB reports appropriate Key Performance Indicators to Service Lines on a regular basis.
The NCI Agency is looking for a talented Engineer (Information Systems) to join the CIS Support Unit, Mons. If you have relevant education combined with a the requirements of the post mainly in data analytics, managing Service Level Agreements, resolving complex issues in relation to the same, as well as dealing with the customer compliments and complaints, we would like to meet you!
Under direction of Section Head, Customer Relations Management you will perform duties such as the following:
* Assist Section Head in all aspects of Customer Relationship Management and provides advice on engagement with current and potential NCI Agency customers;
* Engage with customers and the office of the Chief Operating Officer (COO); captures customer requirements, creates corresponding service level requirements and initiates the required staffing;
* Analyze requirements, plans, designs, and the associated risks, to advise on solutions and mitigations;
* Support the lifecycle development and management of Service Level Agreements (SLA) further enhancing plans and supports implementations against available resources and quality targets;
* Establish procedures for monitoring actual performance against agreed service levels and contractual obligations, and reports the findings;
* Advise on and assist in development of local standards, methods and tools;
Collect, monitor and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other service quality criteria;
* Investigate, define and resolve complex issues or recommend mitigation activities to overcome breaches of Service Levels;
* Responsible to capture, analyze, diagnose and report customer complaints and compliments;
* Conduct service reviews, identify improvement opportunities and instigate improvements within an overall service improvement plan (SIP);
* Engage in Agency service performance management, quality control, and quality of service reporting program. Ensure appropriate and corrective activities are taken to meet defined Service Levels;
* Stay abreast of developments in Service Management methodologies, tools and technology relevant to the area of work;
* Plan and schedule own work by applying personal initiative, with limited supervision;
Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
* Perform other duties as may be required.
Qualifications and experience required:
Master of Science (MSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related subject and 2 years post-related experience or a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree at a nationally recognized/certified University in a related subject and 4 years post related experience. Exceptionally, the lack of a university/college degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate's particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency, that is, at least 10 years extensive and progressive expertise in duties related to the function of the post.
* Proven working experience in data analytics, MS Excel pivot tables, and graphical representation of business data;
* Extensive experience of managing SLAs;
* Experience in preparation of correspondence, the proof-reading of material for accuracy, compilation of material for publication, and performing of other administrative related functions;
* Proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with good presentation skills.
The following will be considered as an advantage:
* ITIL Foundation Certification;
* Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
* Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
Relating and Networking - Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humor appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others;
Writing and Reporting - Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well-structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience;
Analyzing - Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system;
Planning and Organizing - Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones;
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCIA offices; you may be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable. NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
NCI Agency normally offers contracts of employment of a definite duration, not exceeding three years. Contracts may be for less than three years as required to support short-term projects, meet uncertainty with respect to the business outlook, staff performance and other factors.
Definite duration contracts may be extended for further periods. When extending contracts, the following is taken into consideration:
* Renewal is in the interest of the Agency;
* Staff member's desire to remain with the Agency.;
* The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held;
* The skills, competencies and behaviors, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency's work and/or availability of funding;
* Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency;
* Staff member's deployability to operational theatre.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
The first six months of definite duration contracts are a probationary period. During this period the staff member's work is assessed to ensure that he/she has the ability to carry out the duties of the post. At or before the end of the probationary period, the staff member will be notified in writing that the appointment is confirmed or terminated or, in exceptional cases, that the probationary period is extended.
Please note: Due to the Agency's transition into a new structure in the near future, this post may be subject to transfer to one of our other locations, as well as to a change of reporting lines. The final decision will be made at the time of a firm offer.
The Agency's recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months after closing date.
We appreciate your patience.